Photo

Hermes Server Reboot - August 18, 2012 @ 2 AM EST, Estimated 10 Minutes Downtime

Completed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MikeDVB

MikeDVB

Forum Administrator

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

We're going to be rebooting the Hermes server on Early Saturday, August 18th, 2012 at 2 AM EST as a part of our normal maintenance schedule. The server has been online roughly 111 days without a reboot, so we're going to be performing a reboot to move to a newer kernel. There is a slight possibility that the system will perform a file system check which can take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours, however, we do not plan/expect this. In the event the system does perform a file system check on reboot, we will update this thread.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns - feel free to post them here or to open technical support ticket and we'll be happy to address your concerns.

Thank you!
Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC - Providing Hosting since 2007
Scalable shared hosting plans in the cloud! Check them out!
Highly Available Cloud Shared, Reseller, and VPS
http://www.mddhosting.com/

#2 MikeDVB

MikeDVB

Forum Administrator

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I need to clarify this a bit, I was slightly mistaken when scheduling this. We'll actually be doing it on Saturday Morning (2 AM). I thought of this as 'Friday Night' so I then put in the date for Friday.. I am going to update the dates in the original post to reflect the correct date and I apologize for my mistake.
Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC - Providing Hosting since 2007
Scalable shared hosting plans in the cloud! Check them out!
Highly Available Cloud Shared, Reseller, and VPS
http://www.mddhosting.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users