MDDHosting Forums

Was Thinking

You can if you want feedback :)

:) Might need more than a feed back LMAO but maybe a kick in the azzz

OK I am starting to get more into the social thing I think, but

having a lot of issues with many parts

Visit My Website

So would like to keep recovery basically out of it and have some fun. I am installing arcade, also can download google and youtube videos, customizing of profiles, etc. What ya think? Also how would a guy get the site into listings like a myspace and facebook

:) Might need more than a feed back LMAO but maybe a kick in the azzz

OK I am starting to get more into the social thing I think, but

having a lot of issues with many parts

Visit My Website

So would like to keep recovery basically out of it and have some fun. I am installing arcade, also can download google and youtube videos, customizing of profiles, etc. What ya think? Also how would a guy get the site into listings like a myspace and facebook

Interesting.

unfortunately for some reason your community comes up as not found on this sever. Which is rather odd.

I'll try back later to see if its back up.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok the forum is back now, must have been a minor issue.

Not really a minor issue LOL but a issue that is resolved now. However I really am tired of the forums thing I have found this http://www.boonex.com/ which I really want to do :) but am having trouble with just part of the installation of it, toward the bottom after making the cron http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DetailedInstall which I am having issues with

For WINDOWS:

1) create batch files for every cron you wish to create. For example:

c:\wamp\www\periodic\cmd.bat

c:\wamp\www\periodic\notifies.bat

c:\wamp\www\periodic\cupid.bat

This are sample contents of the above mentioned files:

c:\wamp\www\periodic\cmd.bat:

c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\php.exe -f c:\wamp\www\periodic\cmd.php

c:\wamp\www\periodic\notifies.bat:

c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\php.exe -f c:\wamp\www\periodic\notifies.php

c:\wamp\www\periodic\cupid.bat:

c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\php.exe -f c:\wamp\www\periodic\cupid.php

2) then assign crons for these files this way:

schtasks /Create /tn cmd_cron /sc DAILY /st 00:00:00 /tr c:\wamp\www\periodic\cmd.bat (to run every day at midnight)

schtasks /Create /tn notifies_cron /sc MINUTE /mo 10 /tr c:\wamp\www\periodic\notifies.bat (to run every 10 minutes)

schtasks /Create /tn cupid_cron /sc HOURLY /mo 1 /tr c:\wamp\www\periodic\cupid.bat (to run every 1 hour)

Permission Reversal ¶

Now you should set the post-installation permissions and after delete the install folder.

* Using FTP client.

Log into your FTP account using your favorite FTP client and navigate to the folder in which you have installed Dolphin script.

Notice the chmod commands for specified folders and files on the final installation screen and set the following permissions using right click on the corresponding files and folders:

755 for folders (755 means that the objects possessing these permissions will be readable and executable).

644 for files (644 means that such objects will be only readable).

* Using shell client.

Log into your shell account using your favorite shell client and change directory for that which contains your installed Dolphin script. Now run the following commands under your SSH prompt:

chmod 755 ./inc ./periodic

chmod 644 ./periodic/cmd.php ./periodic/notifies.php ./periodic/cupid.php ./ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php

Now you must delete the /install folder.

I really would like to get this going I think it would be a lot of fun!

Not really a minor issue LOL but a issue that is resolved now. However I really am tired of the forums thing I have found this http://www.boonex.com/ which I really want to do :) but am having trouble with just part of the installation of it, toward the bottom after making the cron http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DetailedInstall which I am having issues with

I really would like to get this going I think it would be a lot of fun!

Interesting it looks like a CMS unless I'm mistaken.

i've heard of it before thought.

If you get it up and working please fill us in on how it goes?

I'm currently considering Tiny portal with SMF. But then again I've not made a final decisions and SMF is taking a really long time to get Version 2 out.

I'm currently considering Tiny portal with SMF. But then again I've not made a final decisions and SMF is taking a really long time to get Version 2 out.

I'm still waiting on IPBv3 before I make the final decision between vBulletin and IPB.

I'm still waiting on IPBv3 before I make the final decision between vBulletin and IPB.

I saw thats in beta.

I wish I could afford that kind of software. Maybe in the future. I admit Vb / IPB generally are more standard at least from a member prospective.

Good luck I don't know which to choose they both seem good.

Ughh I need to make some more money so I can actually afford the good stuff.lol

Well this is more of a myspace type of thing :) which I love! LOVE!

I finally got it working Visit My Website however I am going to get a different domain name for it just haven't though of a creative name yet...something besides recovery...I want something that everyone would want to be a part of.

I think this is what I have been looking forward to doing. I have a few names that I have thought of but so far I am procrastinating :) .

• 4 weeks later...
Well this is more of a myspace type of thing :) which I love! LOVE!

I finally got it working Visit My Website however I am going to get a different domain name for it just haven't though of a creative name yet...something besides recovery...I want something that everyone would want to be a part of.

I think this is what I have been looking forward to doing. I have a few names that I have thought of but so far I am procrastinating :) .

Lucky who did your fav con and your nice animated banner?

• 2 weeks later...