MDDHosting Forums

SSL ?

Hi I just read this in the knowledge base:

There is a $30 installation fee and the $2/month dedicated IP charge will apply.

Now I knew about the $2 fee, but the install for a SSL I thought was free at least that is what I recall?

Help me understand this better.

Hi I just read this in the knowledge base:

Now I knew about the $2 fee, but the install for a SSL I thought was free at least that is what I recall?

Help me understand this better.

The fee is generally waived unless we have a lot of problems installing the cert and wouldn't be charged unless authorized to do so. If we got to the point where we were going to charge the setup fee we would let you know and give you the option to install it yourself or pay the fee.

I do believe the fee has been reduced from $30 so I'll have to see that the KB article is updated.

That makes it hard to really know what to tell a customer. I hate to say hey for you and everyone else it is free maybe or hey it is $X only to find out that is not the going rate. I hate to charge anyone for a fee unless I have to (hmmm maybe I just found out why I aint making all that much).

That makes it hard to really know what to tell a customer. I hate to say hey for you and everyone else it is free maybe or hey it is $X only to find out that is not the going rate. I hate to charge anyone for a fee unless I have to (hmmm maybe I just found out why I aint making all that much).

The setup fee is actually $25 but it only applies if there are major issues installing the certificate. It's also nice when the customer knows about the fee and that you are waiving it for them as well.

Should be able? What does that mean?

It means that you have the ability but most of our resellers have us do it for them. Why do they do that? I couldn't tell you but we're more than happy to do so as long as there are no issues with the certificate.

Can we or can't we? What are the factors involved? Any idea of where we can look up a tutorial on how to do it and such?
It's pretty simple - you go to "Install SSL Certificate" and then paste in the certificate and it should fill in the rest. If you try it and you can't figure it out by all means open a ticket and we'll be more than happy to help.