MDDHosting Forums

[Review] of MDDHosting.com on WHT

MjrNuT

That has to be one of the most detailed reviews of our services I've ever seen. We really do appreciate you taking the time - if you wouldn't mind going ahead and posting it here (in this thread) as well that would be good should anything ever happen to WHT (like it did this last March).

That has to be one of the most detailed reviews of our services I've ever seen. We really do appreciate you taking the time - if you wouldn't mind going ahead and posting it here (in this thread) as well that would be good should anything ever happen to WHT (like it did this last March).

wow, something happened to WHT?

Ok, here it is. Would have put in the OP, but no edit option?

ps. i don't skimp in details. :)

I've been meaning to come to WHT to provide as accurate a review for MDDHosting.com. It doesn't work well when the workplace has a filter block in place for WHT. lol

Account Signup: June 2009, so a good 6 months experience

Primary Contact: Micheal D.

Domains: Initially 1 for personal use, with a 2nd one added 2 months later, testing w/ a 3rd

Account Type: Basic Shared

Previous Host: Mosso

Panel: Cpanel and WHM

Setup

Flawless and timely for from signup, purchase, and finally to launch. I had no issues for my personal site at signup and setup, which was a simple WordPress. It later was changed to be a Drupal with Gallery2 embedded. This was a new venture for me and the shared plan and pricing was just right for my beginning steps with this first site.

Support

I did alot of work to configure and setup the Drupal site. Every support ticket that had ever been submitted all were responded to in a timely fashion. I have nothing negative to characterize in terms of response time or content. Some support tickets were all resolved quite quickly, with a small number that got a little longer. All of these can only speak to my beginner experience. Essentially, I did my best to have my terminology right, my research done to my best, prior to submitting a ticket for assistance or just understanding. The forums are also very useful in their own way. Other customers provide help and Mike is also watching. An example would be that I setup Google Apps for email accounts. This entailed some forum help as well as support ticket help, which Mike resolved pretty speedily as I provided the needed information for him.

Notices of DDoS were sent out even though my account was not affected. This type of information was appreciated although my sites are not business, so the impact (if any) was not really a concern.

Challenges to Note

Drupal site w/ the embedded G2 application was/is a unique setup. I was able to configure and execute it to work by my own effort. There was an issue with timing out for this setup and I was doing (to my best) to make sure the configuration was not the cause. Mike did his best to also troubleshoot and this resulted in an issue w/ the the server platform itself. Mike switched my account to a new server that they launched and the issue has not returned since. Moreover, my account was not the only effected.

I had a 2nd site transferred over to MDDHosting.com about 2 months after starting my personal site. Mosso was just too powerful and underused and the experience thus far on MDDhosting.com had been more than acceptable. Moreover, this was also going to be a more complicated transfer relative to the personal site. It is a vBulletin power site, but it's not "large" by any means in general. The mysql transfer was just a bit of a challenge and some file configurations due to the Mosso setup. Mike handled it just fine after my attempts were not successful as I wanted to learn.

Concluding Remarks

I found out about MDDHosting.com via other reviews here at WHT. I'm a small timer, willing to learn in order to know what I'm getting into and thus have "reasonable" expectations in this website arena. Mike is very personable, while also professional. I have enjoyed reading his blog and gathered just further or better understanding of things in this area. I'm an Engineer that looks at things from a system standpoint as well as the necessary myopic details that can have extensive dependencies. MDDHosting.com is a small powerhouse, but I think that may be in disguise.

If I have left out anything, then please let me know and I'll edit this post for completeness as this is my first comprehensive review for a host.

Thanks to WHT and Mike 'da man' of MDDHosting.com