MDDHosting Forums

Email Throttling

skunkbad

I've read the rules regarding sending email and email throttling. My questing relates to sending email, but not from a list. I'm creating an ecommerce system, and when a customer places an order 2 emails are sent. One to the store/employee for processing, and one to the customer as an order confirmation. Does the email throttling rule still apply for sending these two emails? Must I wait 6 seconds in between?

I won't be the end user, so this probably won't apply to my account, but as a web developer, If I purchase hosting for a customer, I need to make sure my system works according to the rules.

As long as you don't cross the hourly limit you can send as fast as you want. As an example you could send 150 emails in 1 second but then you would only have 50 left for the remaining 59 minutes and 59 seconds.

If you ever do need more than 200/hour chances are you will be upgrading to a semi-dedicated or dedicated account where we can increase the limits for you as needed within reason.

I currently use X-Cart for E-commerce on my site and I know it sends off emails all the time. Usually 2 any time an order is placed (one to the customer, one to the provider), another two when the order is funded by paypal, plus a variety of others (IE there is a bad login attempt). Thus far I haven't seen any email get blocked or go undelivered.