MDDHosting Forums

Power Point Presentation.

weetu

I'm working on a Power Point slide show. I saved the file and want to let someone see it. It's around 90MB I uploaded it to my account on the server and sent the address so it can be downloaded. The problem is that somehow it gets compressed to a zip file.We can unzip it but can't figure out how to open it so the slide show will play.

Any ideas?

I'm working on a Power Point slide show. I saved the file and want to let someone see it. It's around 90MB I uploaded it to my account on the server and sent the address so it can be downloaded. The problem is that somehow it gets compressed to a zip file.We can unzip it but can't figure out how to open it so the slide show will play.

Any ideas?

Can you link me to the file? LiteSpeed may be compressing the file using gzip which if that's the case I will need to make sure that the file extension is set *not* to compress.

I'll pm the address to you

I was able to download and open the file with no issues using FireFox 3.5.2 and Microsoft Office 2003 without issues.

I also tested on Internet Explorer 8 with no issues as well - what browser/operating system are you having troubles with because at this point I would lean towards a browser issue or local system issue being that I've not had any issues with the file on any of the systems I've tested with including Mac OSX 10.5.2 using Safari and FireFox 3.5, Windows Vista and FireFox 3.5.2 and IE8 and Windows XP using IE7 and FireFox 2.

A possible option to consider only b/c this is a big file is to use: www.transferbigfiles.com

Zip it up, password it, or w/e

Max of 20x d/l and is deleted in 5 days.

I don't mean to advertise as I just came across this free solution for large file transfers. Other than that, I would not have expected what you've experienced on your method.

I'm interested to know what the resolution is though.

• 2 weeks later...
A possible option to consider only b/c this is a big file is to use: www.transferbigfiles.com

Zip it up, password it, or w/e

Max of 20x d/l and is deleted in 5 days.

I don't mean to advertise as I just came across this free solution for large file transfers. Other than that, I would not have expected what you've experienced on your method.

I'm interested to know what the resolution is though.

I was able to download the file no problem with several different browsers on different operating systems and when the OP tried again it worked fine. It sounded to me like they were using some sort of download manager or something that was messing things up but I'm not sure .