MDDHosting Forums

When working out at the gym...

Michael D.

Make sure not to target every major muscle group in one day! I went to the gym yesterday but I didn't follow my normal routine and decided to do a bit extra...

I think I worked on just about every major muscle group while lifting weights and now I can hardly move!!!

Just a free piece of advice!

Hey Mike,

I bet you are even more sore today. Do some light stretching to keep those muscles moving and help move out any remaining waste products.

If you haven't been working out for more than a couple weeks, it's best to keep the sets lower in number and weight. So if you have been off for a couple months, start at one set at, say, 60% or 70% of what you are used to. It's ok to do your whole body, since you are only doing one set you'll want to do more.

The next week, bump it up to two sets of each. The third week, 3 sets.

I try to remind myself I have the rest of my life to work out. No need to injure myself when I'm coming back.

My guess is that you are recovering from a lot more than your Saturday workout today.

Thanks for all you've done to keep things running.

C

Hey Mike,

I bet you are even more sore today. Do some light stretching to keep those muscles moving and help move out any remaining waste products.

If you haven't been working out for more than a couple weeks, it's best to keep the sets lower in number and weight. So if you have been off for a couple months, start at one set at, say, 60% or 70% of what you are used to. It's ok to do your whole body, since you are only doing one set you'll want to do more.

The next week, bump it up to two sets of each. The third week, 3 sets.

I try to remind myself I have the rest of my life to work out. No need to injure myself when I'm coming back.

My guess is that you are recovering from a lot more than your Saturday workout today.

Thanks for all you've done to keep things running.

C

Well, I tend to go fairly regularly and do cardio it's just been a while since I've lifted any weights. I did take it easy but it has been long enough I was still definitely feeling it all over.

That's why I ended up working everything because otherwise I would have been done in only a few minutes ;)