Photo

How can I trick my MDDhosting server into not bouncing a Gmail "sent as"?

email bounce server mailer-daemon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fjpoblam

fjpoblam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:07 PM

Very low priority, this one. I have an email address for my website on MDDhosting. (Let's say, me@mydomain.com). I also have a Gmail account. (Let's say, me@gmail.com.)

The Gmail account can "send as" me@mydomain.com (meaning, I believe, it uses my MDDhosting SMTP server). Aside from that, there is no forwarding between the two. Each has its own incoming address. No interference there.

When I attempt to send from the Gmail account to the MDDhosting address, the email gets bounced. (All other mail from everywhere else in the www gets delivered correctly, AFAIK.)

I think this bounce occurs before any user- or account-level filtering. Is there any other manner in which I might "whitelist" (so to speak) email from my own Gmail account?

As I say, very low priority. A matter of cosmetics, only, for a perhaps over-eager email junkie.

#2 Tim

Tim

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

Please open a support ticket including the date/time of a bounced message and we can investigate further.

#3 fjpoblam

fjpoblam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:29 PM

Please open a support ticket including the date/time of a bounced message and we can investigate further.

Okay: just now tried one and got a bounce again. (2:30PM MST 10/19/15). Will now proceed to ticket area

#4 fjpoblam

fjpoblam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

[For the benefit of anyone later reading this post...]

Problem ticket filed. MDD agent (Eric R., as usual) investigated. Found: my Gmail account was attempting to access the MDD SMTP server with incorrect credentials. I logged onto Gmail and set the password for the "send as" account (SMTP server credentials) again. Problem solved.

Thanks, Eric R.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users