• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Jacqui Best

Jacqui Best

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

I am still experiencing serious speed issues on all of my accounts.. I wish I could say it was fixed. It actually seems worse today then it has in the past few days.. 

Thanks Guys

Jac

#22 MikeDVB

MikeDVB

Forum Administrator

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

The speed issues you have seen over the last 2 days are unrelated to this issue.

We had to temporarily use Kobold as a staging area due to data corruption on the Echo server. It wasn't the load of the accounts but the migration of data in and out of the server. We leave enough breathing room on all of our servers that if we had to combine two of them - it would be able to sustain the load.

Moving data at 200~300 megabytes/second can put an incredible strain on the server's disks which can slow things down but we needed to get the process done as quickly as possible.

I'm actually in the process of removing the 'temporary' accounts from Kobold [which is wiping out about 300gb of data] and is fairly intensive. It should finish soon and when it's done things should go back to normal. I wish there was a way to throttle the deletion but there is not.

Here is a graph showing the data that was migrated in:

2014-01-20_15-05-00.png

That same data is now being removed.  As you can see the amount moved in was small compared to the total amount contained within the Kobold server but it is a significant amount of data at around 300gb.

Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC - Providing Hosting since 2007
Scalable shared hosting plans in the cloud! Check them out!
Highly Available Cloud Shared, Reseller, and VPS
http://www.mddhosting.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tentatively Resolved

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users