MDDHosting Forums

Email not purging properly

Leah

Hello,

I didn't want to open a support ticket for what might be a simple issue or potentially helpful to others.

I have a client who has 2 accounts which are rapidly filling up the quota despite my efforts.

Account 1: Mail forward. Other mail forwards on the account hang on to email until I manually delete & purge them in horde / round cube when I do monthly maintenance. Zero email shows in the online account, but the cpanel is showing over 200mb in the account & growing.

Account 2. Outlook mail set for delete on download. Outlook & mail account is setup exactly as the other mail accounts. Zero email is showing in the online account (horde & round cube), but cpanel is showing over 100mb in the account.

I did try deleting the mail tmp files from cpanel's file manager for both acounts & no change.

It's really odd because it's happening to 2 completely seperate types of mail accounts (email & a email forward) yet not affecting any other email accounts or email forwards.

Thanks for your help!

You can create a user-level filter in your cPanel to forward the message and then discard it so it doesn't get stored.

cPanel -> Disk Usage -> Takes a while to run, should show you where your disk usage is. Understand that the display in cPanel is usually cached a few hours as well - so if you wipe out the emails it won't immediately reflect it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...