MDDHosting Forums

MDD are Super web hosts

I have just renewed shared hosting at MDDHosting (a custom reseller account) for the 3rd, possibly even 4th year running now, and I am totally happy. My sites are growing in size and traffic, and I have a developer now onboard who regularly comments on the super server speed (we have a UK audience mainly).

Customer support is consistently high too, and I really respect the personalities behind MDD support. Michael is so to the point, I feel like I am being told off sometimes, while Scot seems much more laid back, but their knowledge is amazing and I have found their advice is always spot-on. I know they are only human, so there will be exceptions to the rule, but I would say that if MDD don't come up with an instant answer to a technical problem, I would bet no one else at another host is likely to either.

Anyway, I was prompted to post a review when I just saw a forum thread where a persistent slowdown on one of the MDD servers these past few days has annoyed some clients, to the point someone is talking about jumping ship - because MDD cannot resolve the go-slow issue "yesterday".

Speed is important obviously, but if the latest diagnosis of the slowdown is correct, ie a sneaky brute force hack attack, definitely the last thing I would do is jump ship.

The primary reason I am with MDD and why I will probably always host with them, is because I jumped TO their ship when my last host was caught with their pants down in one of those mega DDOS attacks. In fact it is fair to say that my previous host along with other REALLY well respected hosts got completely stuffed. But who was there posting updates, while batting back the attacks, advising clients and the other hosts and generally taking the issue by the scruff of the neck for several sleepless days and nights? Michael.

When the dust settled, I migrated what was left of my site over to MDDHosting and haven't looked back.

I believe that MDD are at the top of their hosting game and if I had a problem, I would want them on my side every time.

Thanks for the review. We really do apreciate it, especially during the rough patches. :)

Michael is so to the point, I feel like I am being told off sometimes, while Scot seems much more laid back, but their knowledge is amazing and I have found their advice is always spot-on. I know they are only human, so there will be exceptions to the rule, but I would say that if MDD don't come up with an instant answer to a technical problem, I would bet no one else at another host is likely to either.

As of late, I feel like Mike and I switched places in terms of "to the point" versus laid back, but I know neither of us intend to be harsh. Our goal is to get a clear, fast, useful answer sent back as soon as possible, and sometimes we should slow down just enough to make sure the reply doesn't sound bad.

There's just something about text-based communication that can make concise answers seem rude. The same answer over the phone would be perfectly acceptable because the tone/intonation would be a dead giveaway as to whether we were being rude or just to the point.

At some point I hope for us to be able to offer basic phone technical support but we need a bit more staffing before I'm comfortable with that :). Phone support isn't something that is easily multi-tasked so a few support phone calls would result in support tickets basically going unanswered for an unacceptable period of time. In essence for us to offer quality phone support we'll need dedicated phone techs - not an expense that would easily be swallowed just yet :).

• 1 year later...