MDDHosting Forums

Custom A-Records while using MDDHosting DNS

dlyons

This thread is a split from http://forums.mddhosting.com/topic/888-network-solutions-being-ddosd-network-solutions-dns-services-affected-our-dns-is-fine/

Sure, there are dedicated DNS providers out there. For many of our customers, that is probbably overkill, but it is an option.

We also provide DNS servers with our service. The control panel handles configuring most things, and has tools for you to set custom records. All you have to do is set our nameservers with your domain registrar, and of course, set any custom DNS records in our control panel.

That's how I would have liked it set up in the first place. The only issue with this particular domain is that NS is also hosting my client's email and the only way the email system would work was to set up the DNS with A Records on their end.

That's how I would have liked it set up in the first place. The only issue with this particular domain is that NS is also hosting my client's email and the only way the email system would work was to set up the DNS with A Records on their end.

Incorrect, you can set up A-Records on our DNS cluster just the same.

cPanel -> Advanced DNS Zone Editor

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the post split off, I wanted to ask more about this but didn't want to fill up the original thread.

So ok, my knowledge of DNS and all that is sparse at best, please excuse my noobish questions. What exactly happens with the Advanced DNS zone editor? Would using it effect emails that are set up and hosted over at Network Solutions?