I host a handful of sites on a reseller that provides 10 gigabytes of harddisk space, and 200 gigabytes of transfer. The most bandwidth we have ever used was 150 gigabytes. But, we average much, much less around 50 to 60 gigabytes total. We have around 6 gigabytes of harddisk space, and it grows very slowly.
The cPanel accounts:
- Roman RPG, 70k posts, average 20 users online every 15 minutes. Uses MyBB.USes around 25 gigabytes bandwidth monthly.
- Cards Against Humanity mini-game. Text based uses less than 20 mb bandwidth monthly.
- Personal blog. Includes many otter related posts, or posts relating to educational things. Uses around 2.5 gigs bandwidth monthly
- Star Trek RPG using SMF, about 4 users online every 15 minutes. Only 7,000 posts. 4ish gigs bandwidth used monthly.
- Personal image storage (less than 100 mb used) with about 1 gigabyte bandwidth used.
- Non-profit registered 501c3 website for low income housing. Uses around 500mb monthly. Also holds employee files for when they're traveling to state sponsored events and need forms. (We have the paperwork declaring this).
- WordPress blog, uses only 100mb bandwidth monthly
- Pokemon RPG, about 5 people an hour, 2,000 posts, uses only 2gb bandwidth a month.
- An English 11th and 12th grade biology website for students from Nepal (all in English). Uses around 4 gigs monthly.
- Personal blog, uses around 10 gigabytes monthly. WordPress.
- personal html file host (just random code test projects from scratch, such as coding an rpg census) uses around 300 mb monthly.
- MyBB forum for Dragon Age, uses 5gigs monthly. About 10 people online every 15 minutes.
- About 8 non-profit registered 501c3 websites for non-profits in the US. All ran off of WordPress. Uses less than 1gb monthly.
I don't charge anyone to be hosted with me. But, they're all people I know. I'm thinking of using BoxBilling to manage the accounts so they can reset their password and use the support system.
Do you have IonCube support (BoxBilling requires this).Nevermind, the free WHMCS seems more awesome.
- Is the WHMCS free only for the first 3 years? It says Triennially.
- Can I create cPanel accounts that are "Unlimited" so I don't have to fiddle with resources constantly in case one site gets a traffic boost? It's gotten quite pesky to do, sadly.
- Are there coupons for returning customers for their loyalty if we have been with you guys for a while?
- Are we limited in domains or subdomains?
- Can we pipe email? Or control our MX entries (I've had a host long ago that disabled cpanel mx entries editing/mail all together).
- Can we use .htaccess files?
- Can we use per-directory php.ini files?
- Will the sites listed above in the cPanel listings be fine on MDD Hosting reseller?
- Over a year ago we had one WordPress blog that had a faulty plugin. Our host disabled that site and told us the file using resources. I understand the disabling of the site. Will you guys do the same/disable and tell us the file/command that's causing the high usage so it's easier to track down and turn off if this happens again? (It was the old Flickr plugin, it had a loop)
- Can I mass email hosted users through WHM?
- Can we disable cPanel accounts from using servermail at all so we can require them to use offsite like Google Apps instead?
- Can I redesign my own cPanel?
- For the transfer. Can we only transfer a few sites over to see how they hold before transferring the rest with MDD's assistance?
- Can we use mod_rewrite?
- Is it fine if we keep our domains off site/not controlled by MDD (We use name.com).
- Some of the RPGs do have some adult content (it's very rare though). Is that acceptable? I see no clause in the TOS about this. The content is legal.
- Do you offer installation services for the SSL or are we on our own?
- Can we disable auto rebilling?
- When having a our previous reseller site transferred do you guys fix the DNS zones ips/information?
- Does MDDHosting have any affiliation or link or connection with MDHosting? (The one D one, not two).