MDDHosting Forums

https nightmare with tomato cart.

asdco

running tomato cart upgraded to newest version. Changed https and cookie https to cypress.supportedns.com~mydatabase and I lose admin and all secure links in my store do nothing when I click on them. My initial htm file is not found either. heres what I get;

can't find the server at cypress.supportedns.com~jamisonc.

I'm not familiar with Tomato cart, but it looks like you have a typo. Instead of

cypress.supportedns.com~jamisonc
, try
cypress.supportedns.com/~jamisonc

Also, installing scripts on a temporary URL is generally not advised since you will just need to move them (which is difficult in some cases) when you setup the correct domain. You will generally save yourself a lot of trouble by just setting up on the domain from the beginning.

I'm not familiar with Tomato cart, but it looks like you have a typo. Instead of , try

Also, installing scripts on a temporary URL is generally not advised since you will just need to move them (which is difficult in some cases) when you setup the correct domain. You will generally save yourself a lot of trouble by just setting up on the domain from the beginning.

Well that hash mark certainly did the trick at my store but at admin I'm getting the error; "to many redirects" I'm assuming this is a tomato cart error.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this statement?

Also, installing scripts on a temporary URL

I definitely want this to be a permanent URL so please advise.

cypress.supportedns.com/~Your_UserName is a temporary URL provided to assist in a setting up a new site. These days, it isn't very useful, but it is still provided for those who want it.

www.YourSite.com (or similar) would be the real URL you use long term to access your site from.

Be sure to install Tomato cart to use your domain and not the temporary URL.

cypress.supportedns.com/~Your_UserName is a temporary URL provided to assist in a setting up a new site. These days, it isn't very useful, but it is still provided for those who want it.

www.YourSite.com (or similar) would be the real URL you use long term to access your site from.

Be sure to install Tomato cart to use your domain and not the temporary URL.

Ok, I understand now and thanks for the help.