MDDHosting Forums

[Resolved] Google Public DNS Down

Hello,

It has come to her attention that some or all of Google services or off-line at this point. One popular service is Google Public DNS, many Web servers around the world, including ours, used their services to change domain names into IP addresses. With Google Public DNS down, services such as pain and him services such as Pingdom will report downtime that does not actually exist.

All of our services are online and fully operational, if you are unable to reach your site – you are likely using Google Public DNS. I can only assume at this point, that Google is aware of the issue, and will resolve it very quickly.

If you have any questions about this, please post them here. All support tickets related to this issue, will be directed to this thread.

Hello,

It has come to her attention that some or all of Google services or off-line at this point. One popular service is Google Public DNS, many Web servers around the world, including ours, used their services to change domain names into IP addresses. With Google Public DNS down, services such as pain and him services such as Pingdom will report downtime that does not actually exist.

All of our services are online and fully operational, if you are enabled to reach your site – you are likely using Google Public DNS. I can only assume at this point, that Google is aware of the issue, and will resolve it very quickly.

If you have any questions about this, please post them here. All support tickets related to this issue, will be directed to this thread.

Do you mean "If you're unable to reach your site" ?

I don't know how my site is partially affected due to this issue. It opens with the right side vanished. Strange.

Unfortunately, was such a large DNS service off-line, there are a lot of sites and services that are not going to work as expected. The issue is not on our end, with our services, our network, or anything else that is within our control. Hopefully Google will resolve this issue quickly, but judging by the scale of the incident it may take a while.

If you are having trouble reaching certain sites or certain parts of the Internet, I would suggest contacting your Internet service provider.