MDDHosting Forums

Redesign site and move to another control panel question

I have set up two control panels in my reseller account. Under my first panel I have a site created that is currently active. I want to redo my site using different software but leave the current site up and running while I work on it and then switch over to the new site. The sites would have the same name so I am looking for a way to handle this.

I think what I need to do is add the domain under my second control panel installation but I think this wold confuse the name servers. I would think I would need a 2nd set of name servers to use but I am not sure how to set this up? Also, I need to be able to access the site without assigning the name server to the 2nd site while in development - I think this may just be done by directly going to the IP?

I hope I am clear enough in what I am asking as this is all pretty new to me. Thanks!

Just tried to add the domain name to the second control panel and got an error since it already existed. There must be a way to handle this? I am open to alternate solutions. Just want to be able to redevelop sites while keeping the same one intact. I know I could install software to different directories but I would prefer the home page to just show as the main site name without a directory listing but maybe that is my only option? Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...