MDDHosting Forums

MDD Hosting 3 months on.

SarisIsop

I had been running a free hosted forum for just over a year when I decided it was time to go it alone. I had no experience of hosting and my computer skills are limited, so off I went Google searching.

I decide to go with MDD after reading so many good reports about them. Ever the sceptic I decided to ask them some advice about setting up my forum before purchasing. I got a very quick helpful answer which put my mind at ease.

I have contacted them a few times since purchasing my plan 3 months ago, and have been very impressed with the answers to my questions, and the speed at which they replied. Remember I’m a newbie to all this and yesterday they came back with an answer that I couldn’t understand. Mike took the time to explain to me in a way I could understand, by talking about cars driving around a town. (Don’t worry I got it) :rolleyes:

My forum is small and probably will remain so do to the nature of it. I was a bit unsure of which plan to go for but decided to go for the Basic plan as I could always upgrade if needed. I checked how things are the other day and I am nowhere near my limit, so looks like I have loads of room to grow on my current plan.

I don’t know if this helps anyone deciding, but I live in Europe with a Dial Up connection, MDD is in the USA and I have had no problems.

If like me you’re a newbie to hosting and want to know there is help there should you need it, I could recommend MDD Hosting.

• 11 months later...

Just thought I would update this while I'm logged in.

I'm now 14 months in with MDD and I'm very happy. Excellent service, swift replies to tickets, and they don't mind taking the time to explain stuff if you're not sure.

Keep it up MDD but please stay as you are, and don't turn into an informal big company.

• 9 months later...

Time for another update as I have just renewed for another year.

I didn't bother looking anywhere else for my hosting once it came up for renewal. Why? well to be honest I don't think anyone could give me the peace of mind that MDD give me, they have always answered my tickets with amazing speed. I'm in France and obviously have a different time zone but my tickets are always answered promptly including my last one on a Sunday even one I marked as low priority was answered within half an hour.

Thanks to Mike & Scott who won't stop till they know I'm happy, I can sleep at night and get on with running my website.

Still a very happy MDD Hosting customer. :)

• 11 months later...

And another update:

I'm still very happy with the excellent service from MDD and have just renewed for my third year.

I can honestly say I have never had any cause to complain, they are always quick to answer me if I start a ticket even if I don't mark it as urgent. They give me answers I can understand and will spend that little extra time to make sure I'm happy, I do think over the past three years I may have been a bit of a nuisance with some questions as I'm no webmaster, but MDD have never made me feel anything but a customer and they certainly do offer excellent customer service.

Thanks again Mike and the team at MDD I appreciate your service. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Back again 4 years in and I'm staying with MDD.

The personal service I have received when opening a ticket is superb, even if I mark my question as "Low Priority" they get back to me almost imidiatly and will take time to explain things until I'm happy with the answer. I do sometimes feel a little guilty for bothering them when I'm not sure about something, but they are always very polite and obliging.

I'm not that great at the engine side of things and just want to get on with running my websites, so knowing there is always someone there willing to help is a huge bonus. I've never bothered looking for another host, and I would rather give my money to MDD than some of the big hosts that wouldn't know what customer service is if it hit them oin the face anyway.

Thank you to all the staff at MDD you're doing a great job.

2 1/2 months with MDD and I could not been happier.

Great speed of my website, very fast, and customer service is excellent and very patient. 10/10

Was with Yahoo for over 10 years. I wish I would have found MDD many years ago.

Yahoo do not care about their customers. MDD do!

The speed and customer service from MDD is exceptional.

Keep up the good work, MDD, you are the best.

Thank you to all the team

Jacky Delarue

• 11 months later...

Time to give another update. I've now been with MDD for 5 years and just renewed for another year. :)

There is no reason for me to look elsewhere for hosting because I doubt anyone could give me the service that MDD do. I'm not the brightest of buttons when it comes to hosting and whenever I have a question (even what may be simple ones to MDD) they answer swiftly and are always willing to explain things to me in a way I can understand.

By using MDD I know I'm in safe hands and can get on with running my forum without having to worry about the hosting side of things to much. Yes I do some work in cPanel but I like to keep that side to a minimum, but if I ever do get stuck MDD are always there for me. (In fact I don't think they ever sleep)

Thank you very much to all the staff at MDD, you do an excellent job and I'm looking forward to another happy year with you.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Just thought I would give my annual update about MDD

I have now been with them for 6 years and have renewed my contract for another year.

I have always been very pleased with the service and still feel the same today. I have always found them to be very helpful and amazingly quick at answering my tickets.

If you are thinking of using MDD I can highly recommend them. But I would say contact them directly with your questions rather than ask on this forum.

Well done MDD and thank you for the excellent service.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Oops looks like I forgot to update this thread last year.

Well I'm still here and have just renewed for another year, so 8 years on and I'm still very happy with MDD.

I did think they may get too big and taken over by some corporation at some point that don't care about customers, but they haven't and Michael is still at the helm.

MDD's staff are always very helpful and polite, and have even helped me out with things that I doubt many other hosts would.

So thank you to everyone involved at MDD, I'm happy to sign up for another year and you have a great team.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Wow 10 years where has the time gone. Yep I'm still very happy with MDD and as I have said in the past they are always quick to answer my tickets, and even though I sometimes ask questions where the answer was staring me in the face they still take the time to explain and help.

So it's happy 10th birthday for me and MDD.

Keep up the good work everyone and thank you.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Year 12 and I have just renewed for another year. The price did go up a little this time but I'm still pleased with the service and help that they give, I doubt I would find the same level of personal contact and honesty anywhere else so for me it was a no-brainer. 

Thank you MDD.

• Like 1