MDDHosting Forums

How to "reset" a website

Jarkko

We are planning to re-do our site from the beginning excluding a forum. I wonder what files should I keep in public_html folder to make it default.

I bet I can't delete all the others than the forum folder. Is there a reference where I can take a look?

Thanks,

Jarkko

It should be completely possible to accomplish what you need to do on your website by deleting everything except your forum folder. In cPanel's file manager, you can probably click select all to select all files (obviously :P) and then ctrl (or apple key)+click on the forum folder so you don't delete that. As for folders that are outside of the public_html folder, you don't really want to touch those. They contain database files, emails, and pretty much everything else related to your account.

There are two options:

1. Delete all of the files you don't want/need any more. Also don't forget to delete associated databases, etc.
  2. Contact support and ask to have your account recreated. All files, databases, email addresses, settings... EVERYTHING will be removed and you start completely fresh.