MDDHosting Forums

WP Super Cache or WP Total Cache

fshagan

Any opinions on which cache for Wordpress is best? I've used both WP Super Cache and WP Total Cache. I tend towards WP Total Cache because it uses minify to compress HTML and CSS files, but I note that it has far fewer downloads than Super Cache (580k vs 2.3 million).

Any opinions on which cache for Wordpress is best? I've used both WP Super Cache and WP Total Cache. I tend towards WP Total Cache because it uses minify to compress HTML and CSS files, but I note that it has far fewer downloads than Super Cache (580k vs 2.3 million).

I use W3TC and I love it. I did find a bug with LiteSpeed and W3TC, though. Advanced page caching doesn't work and URL Rewrites doesn't work. URL Rewrites is important to me because I use CloudFlare and CF won't notice a static file if it ends in php.js or php.css.

I use W3TC and I love it. I did find a bug with LiteSpeed and W3TC, though. Advanced page caching doesn't work and URL Rewrites doesn't work. URL Rewrites is important to me because I use CloudFlare and CF won't notice a static file if it ends in php.js or php.css.

I found that W3TC also doesn't recognize mod_deflate or eAcellerator in modern versions of PHP on cPanel-based servers. You get the same benefit if you also enable cPanel's "Optimize Website" function to compress the text/html mime types (cPanel has the defaults built in).

I do like its use of minify to compress JS, CSS and HTML files. I applied both cPanel's "Optimize Website" and W3TC on a site that didn't have either enabled yesterday, and the Google page speed score rose from 65 to 73, about an 8% improvement. My best page speed on a Wordpress site is on a theme I adapted heavily, with a 93/100 score.