MDDHosting Forums

Intel Core i7 processor

Blind Bandit

All I can say is gimme gimme. :)

I bet this will great for servers too.

Which is what I'm sure Intel is betting on as AMD has always done well in the server market.

Intel core i7

It's a very impressive chip to say the least. It's about time that Intel has integrated the memory controller on-chip as this will definitely result in a huge boost in performance.

It's a very impressive chip to say the least. It's about time that Intel has integrated the memory controller on-chip as this will definitely result in a huge boost in performance.

Agreed I have the feeling Intel was milking core 2 becasue AMD couldn't beat them. So they put this off.

But yes about time.

I'm also happy about the 8 threads for a quad core. If I remember correctly there may be a 6 or 8 core variant for mp servers.

I fee like I'm slumming on my core 2 duo right now.

I hope AMD can start getting its act together.

I hope AMD can start getting its act together.
I used to be a fan of AMD, back when they were making their Athlon XP chips and before that but now their processors just don't stack up.

What changed my mind was when the lowest-end core 2 duo totally annihilated the highest end dual core AMD on the market at the time. I had actually ordered the AMD chip and tested/benchmarked it and then sent it back after I was severely disappointed. I've not looked back since.

I used to be a fan of AMD, back when they were making their Athlon XP chips and before that but now their processors just don't stack up.

What changed my mind was when the lowest-end core 2 duo totally annihilated the highest end dual core AMD on the market at the time. I had actually ordered the AMD chip and tested/benchmarked it and then sent it back after I was severely disappointed. I've not looked back since.

I can understand the feeling.

I don't know if AMD will be able to catch back up. They seemed to slack off when Intel wasn't firing back and I don't think Intel wants to be embarrassed like they were in the P4 days.

A little update on the server side.

This only seems to be a rumor but still interesting.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/inte...t_notebook_cpus

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...