MDDHosting Forums

Ping Response Time

aaa

I noticed that response times(when i ping) is faster after yesterday.

[from where i live]

Before: generally 173~179ms

Now: 163~164ms

Did you do something to improve a perfomance? :)

Edited by aaa

The internet is always changing both our forward routes out as well as your forward routes to us. Your ISP could have changed something, we could have a better outgoing route, it's really hard to know without having a traceroute going both ways from before and after the improved ping.

The internet is always changing both our forward routes out as well as your forward routes to us. Your ISP could have changed something, we could have a better outgoing route, it's really hard to know without having a traceroute going both ways from before and after the improved ping.

Completely Agree.

For example,

I was getting ~48 KBps download speed from Gemini before, Yesterday I got 8~10 KBps. Now Today I again got over 40KBps. :)

• 5 months later...
A very important thing too, do not forget to check your drivers, they need to be updated as often as possible, they will make your graphics card more powerful and your fps will be higher! I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way to improve a linux machine's response time to network requests. For example, i have telnet, ftp, and smtp requests going toward the machine's ip address and it can take a good 10 seconds before responding.

A very important thing too, do not forget to check your drivers, they need to be updated as often as possible, they will make your graphics card more powerful and your fps will be higher! I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way to improve a linux machine's response time to network requests. For example, i have telnet, ftp, and smtp requests going toward the machine's ip address and it can take a good 10 seconds before responding.

The response time on any of our servers would be well under a second, what server are you seeing a 10 second delay from?