MDDHosting Forums

Changing Password

Lucky Me

I know that I can change the password on the server but I want it to be still the hard core password. If ya know what I mean...that isn't the proper saying for it LOL but of course you know me. The reason being is that I gave my password to someone that I thought was going to help me in case of my death...since I am really ill anyways. However it doesn't seem like it is going to work out. So what do I need to do here? Is there anyway that you can change it to be like a brand new transfer or am I like not knowing what I am saying?

I know that I can change the password on the server but I want it to be still the hard core password. If ya know what I mean...that isn't the proper saying for it LOL but of course you know me. The reason being is that I gave my password to someone that I thought was going to help me in case of my death...since I am really ill anyways. However it doesn't seem like it is going to work out. So what do I need to do here? Is there anyway that you can change it to be like a brand new transfer or am I like not knowing what I am saying?

Log into your cPanel and go to "Change Password" and then type your old password and hit "Generate Password" and you can set the options to generate a strong password for you.

Log into your cPanel and go to "Change Password" and then type your old password and hit "Generate Password" and you can set the options to generate a strong password for you.

I guess what I am asking would I than need to go into the config files of the SQL and change them appropriate for any reason cause most are with the old password? IE The forums, blogs, chat, etc.

I guess what I am asking would I than need to go into the config files of the SQL and change them appropriate for any reason cause most are with the old password? IE The forums, blogs, chat, etc.

Your passwords for your MySQL databases are independent of your cPanel password.