MDDHosting Forums

Forum Layout Changed, New Site Design in the works!

Michael D.

We've been running with the current design of our site for just over three years and we feel that it's definitely time for a major overhaul. We've contracted an extremely talented designer to work with us on revamping the site into what we feel it should be to represent us and our products more effectively. We expect the new design to be live within 4 to 12 weeks as it just depends on how many revisions we need to make, how long it takes to convert all of our existing pages over to the new design, etc.

We also upgraded our forums from IPB v3.0.X to IPB v3.1.X and in there were enough changes to the forum templates that it would be a lot of work to update the old integration with the current design to the new version of the forum. Since we're going to be bringing a new design online we're simply going to operate with the forum as you see it now until the new design is live.

• 1 month later...

The new site design has been rolled out and we've updated the forums to match. If you spot anything odd, do let us know!

I spotted a little something. If you are browsing on other tabs while the home page is open and you go back to that tab, the javascript countdown timer is messed up a little. This is on Google chrome 12.0 and on Windows 7.

I spotted a little something. If you are browsing on other tabs while the home page is open and you go back to that tab, the javascript countdown timer is messed up a little. This is on Google chrome 12.0 and on Windows 7.

Interesting. Definitely a Chrome 12 issue. I am able to replicate and confirm that navigating away in Chrome 12 causes the bug you describe that affects the countdown timer when the focus is shifted to another tab. I also downloaded the latest dev build of Chrome (14) and experienced the same issue to a lesser extent. It appears that the countdown continues to run even when the browser tab is not in focus, but Chrome tries to disable it. Thus what appears to be happening is that the counter is trying to catch up to what it should be and the effect is caused by the lapse from the Chrome browser to the script on the page.

That's likely not something we can adjust for - I did notice that in Safari on iOS (iPad/iPhone) that if you resize the page with pinch to zoom the counter stops running while you are doing this. It's simply the nature of a client-side language such as JavaScript.

Newer versions of the countdown script may take this into account, but I couldn't be for sure about that. It's just a jQuery based count down :)

The sub navigation bar for the hosting services pages:

When on the shared hosting page, all is fine. Any other hosting page, "Shared Hosting" is on the right hand side of the page and not in line with the rest of the navigation bar.

The sub navigation bar for the hosting services pages:

When on the shared hosting page, all is fine. Any other hosting page, "Shared Hosting" is on the right hand side of the page and not in line with the rest of the navigation bar.

Well that's strange, because the navigation bar is a php include (i.e. the code is exactly the same across all pages). I'm also not able to replicate your issue, can you let me know what browser + version + OS + version?

Well that's strange, because the navigation bar is a php include (i.e. the code is exactly the same across all pages). I'm also not able to replicate your issue, can you let me know what browser + version + OS + version?

Looks like there's too much cellpadding/spacing in that table. "Shared Hosting" has the least number of characters and together fits nicely. The other titles are longer creating a greater width in the first cell, causing the contents of the navigation cell to wrap to the next line.