MDDHosting Forums

Site Backup Routine/Practice/Job

Janzzon

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to web hosting and as a new forum owner, I would like to know how you guys do your own site backup in general. I'm running a MyBB forum with the Shared Hosting plan and pretty much curious how I should be doing backups though I haven't really gotten much traffic and content.

I heard about the Cron Jobs and others say it's a good way of securing your site. I did check it in the cPanel under the Advanced tab but when I saw this line

Cron jobs allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site. You can set a command or script to run at a specific time every day, week, etc. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week to free up disk space.

Warning: You need to have a good knowledge of Linux commands before you can use cron jobs effectively. Check your script with your hosting administrator before adding a cron job.

I don't know what to do.

Can someone help me one this? Basically, I want a daily backup routine or better yet an automated way of doing a daily site backup.