MDDHosting Forums

Advice please

Hi,

I am totally new to the concept of having my own web presence and I am finding myself totally overwhelmed by all the options and offers and companies etc....

Let me tell you my story and perhaps you can help. I am based in Helsinki, Finland and I will shortly (within 6 weeks) be launching my own consultancy business. Therefore I will need to create a web presence, nothing major or flashy just a professional looking site that works and is easy to setup and operate. My first burning issue is registering the domain names I require as this is my first IP. I would like to get this done asap so I can relax a little (worried someone else may register them!)

After this I would then look to start creating the actual site about a month from now. I have some experience with Joomla from my previous work experience, can I use this with your hosting and is it one click install? Are there other better options?

Please advise which package would be most suitable for me and if I can reserve the domain name before I choose a hosting package?

I hope you can help.