MDDHosting Forums

phpBB3 installation Fantastico bug?

Bluesplayer

Hi Mike

I think there must be bug with Fantastico on your shared hosting when installing phpbb3 forum software. Everything went well - sweetly - on installing but after I had finished my customization of a new template I found I couldn't create a new topic whoever I was. Nothing wrong with permissions but on checking 'Maintenance - Admin Logs' it was obvious that the forum was looking for the imageset files in the wrong directory. Instead of en it was looking for them in en_us. This is fine for the default theme - pro silver - but if you install any new theme / template you end up with the same problem I had - can't create new topics and so on.

Whether this is a bug or not I am not sure but if the initial installation was set for the directory en instead of en_us then I wouldn't have ended up scratching my head for so long so maybe it is.

Regards

Mark

My new forum can be seen here

We no longer run Fantastico on our new servers - we're running Softaculous. Just the fact that you're accessing Fantastico tells me that you're still accessing the old server. I do believe we resolved this for you in a ticket (unless two people happened to have the same issue on the same day and I'm confused). :)