MDDHosting Forums

New Semi-Dedicated server coming online in the next 12 to 24 hours :)

Michael D.

We're bringing a new semi-dedicated server online named "Gemini" which is currently being provisioned and will be online and accepting orders within the next 12 to 24 hours.

We always like to get our customers as involved as possible and we may potentially give some sort of free hosting and/or credit to anybody who submits a promotional idea that we use. We're even open to suggestions as to what you would like to receive should we choose your idea!

Feel free to respond to this thread with your ideas, to drop me or Scott a private message, or to submit a support ticket at https://www.mddhosting.com/support/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2!

Thanks,

Congrats on the continued growth.

Since Gemini is Latin for twins, how about a promotion of matching whatever payment someone signs up with.

For example, if they pay for only a month, they get a month free.. if they pay for a year, they get a year free.. kind of like 50% off, but more in the spirit of the new server name and slightly different math :-)

Frank

Was thinking that matching was "different" in that the customer pays 100% of the cost, but gets twice the value for it. While I was going for the twins analogy, might be to subtle of a

variance of your existing coupon :-)

Other variances around the same theme:

• Signup for the new server and get two domain registrations included
  • Signup for the new server and get twice the storage/bandwidth
  • Two times the affiliate payouts for referred customers that sign up to the new server

The server is now online and we're accepting orders for it at https://www.mddhosting.com/support/cart.php?gid=7

Current coupon codes (still working on a "special" promotion):

semided50x3 - 50% off of your first three months when ordered monthly.

10off - 10% off for life

All plans 12 months are longer are automatically discounted 15% before any other discounts are applied (i.e. bigger savings) :)

• 3 weeks later...
One thing I've always thought that web hosts could do for clients is have a section on the front page of their site where they feature one of their customer's web sites as a "featured site" on their front page. It gives the customer's site click-thru traffic, free branding, and good link juice. Most host's forums (like this one) do have a "Post a link to your site" forum, but a front page feature with a 240x240 or 450x90 banner would be nice. You could give all new customers on the new semi-dedicated server 1 free week on the front page.

One thing I've always thought that web hosts could do for clients is have a section on the front page of their site where they feature one of their customer's web sites as a "featured site" on their front page. It gives the customer's site click-thru traffic, free branding, and good link juice. Most host's forums (like this one) do have a "Post a link to your site" forum, but a front page feature with a 240x240 or 450x90 banner would be nice. You could give all new customers on the new semi-dedicated server 1 free week on the front page.

That's something we'll consider in the new design that we're going to be having done soon :)

I hope the new design doesn't have that "washed out" look that all of the new designs have these days. IMDB, VBulletin 4.0, and MS Office are examples.

We're going for simple yet professional, some contrast is always a good thing as long as the color scheme is solid. We'll likely stick wit the blue+black+white.