MDDHosting Forums

Taurus Armed.net

I'll get mine in here as well. :) It's a forum, obviously, spun off of a now closed forum that was desolate and unmoderated destined for abandoment.

I started this on Jan 9 of 07 and it's already way above what I or any of the staff thought it would be. I don't know if any of ya'll are familiar with the gun forums, but a lot of users claim this one to be one of the friendliest, of mods and members.

http://www.taurusarmed.net

That is all ... for now.

I forgot to mention, we (the mods and I) are most proud of the banner. One of the mods made that and I implemented it once we moved to the new host. Everyone also noticed some very drastic performance increases once the forum was fully transferred.

I'll have to give your forums a look when I get home :-) I'm out and about using the iPhone to take care of my intermittant boredom.

I'm glad that you have noticed such an improvement with our services over your last host. I forget who your old host was?

If you wouldn't mind being the second to post a detailed review here on our very own forums that would be fantastic but you don't have to.

I'll edit this post when I get the chance to check your forum out on a desktop :-)

SMF has been good for me so far. There's a few things in it that I wasn't crazy about, but I found some mods that took care of that.

That's where I run into problems upgrading to 1.1.6. I've got a testbed setup to do the upgrade on and the first few times it didn't go so well. I need to get back on it so I can get the live forum up to date.

Michael, the old host was IXWebHosting.

SMF has been good for me so far. There's a few things in it that I wasn't crazy about, but I found some mods that took care of that.

That's where I run into problems upgrading to 1.1.6. I've got a testbed setup to do the upgrade on and the first few times it didn't go so well. I need to get back on it so I can get the live forum up to date.

Michael, the old host was IXWebHosting.

Hmmm have you tired checking out the support community for SMF?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php

The board for 1.x support.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=9.0

My apologizes if you have already tried this.

IXwebhosting is awe full(thats the only host who told me they do not care and to me when I had an issue), Its a good thing you are not with them.

On your smf issue do you have any mods installed?

Wow, I forgot you had been with IXwebhosting bunny :)

I know quite a bit about the inner workings of a good portion of our competition without having ever had accounts with them but I cannot put them down even on our own forums because I have no first hand experience with them :) Rules are rules!

yep rules are rules.

I was not sure if it was against the rules for me to mention that or not but I just feel that host is really awe full.

How many other hosts hang up on you if your trying to get support on an issue?

Any way glad the OP is with a better host and one i believe will take care of them.

yep rules are rules.

I was not sure if it was against the rules for me to mention that or not but I just feel that host is really awe full.

How many other hosts hang up on you if your trying to get support on an issue?

Any way glad the OP is with a better host and one i believe will take care of them.

As long as you have verifiable experience with a host it's ok to post your (honest) experiences good or bad.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to ask the OP if he plans on upgrading to the latest smf. I think it is 2.0 or some thing it might still be in RC but just wondering.

Yep, SMF2 is still in RC3 and there's going to be RC4 before 2.0-final. Very frustrating... SMF2 has been in beta for years...

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, SMF2 is still in RC3 and there's going to be RC4 before 2.0-final. Very frustrating... SMF2 has been in beta for years...

I've given up on SMF. They are no longer competitive. Its not feasible to have a board like SMF in beta for that many years. We will be lucky to ever see 2.0 final this year. And its already behind or not innovative. SMF is a lost cause anymore. maybe if they had 2.0 out several years and where working on 2.1 or 3.0 then I could take them seriously.