MDDHosting Forums

Beware of “Web Hosting Review” and “Top 10 Web Hosts” Sites

Michael D.

We recently had some issues where an affiliate was using misleading marketing material to obtain fraudulent affiliate commissions in our affiliate system. This not only affects the potential client who was looking for information about our company but it also affects our current customers and the company in general.

Affiliate fraud results in commissions paid out to individuals who have not actually earned the commission and is in effect a form of stealing. The money that is paid out could have been used to improve our services or support which we are always trying to do. One of the primary reasons we do not use paid advertising is simply because we choose to invest that money back into the company to improve and grow our services and support capabilities.

I have written a post on my personal blog about this particular affiliate fraudster should you be interested in reading it - I did try to give some points for anybody potentially researching a provider to help avoid funding affiliate scammers.

If you are interested you can find the post at http://www.mikedvb.com/2010/03/21/beware-of-web-hosting-review-and-top-10-web-hosts-sites/

Thank you,

I'm so glad I eventually found my way through the "Top 10" site morass and to WHT, which after some time lead me here. But too many people will still fall for those sites.

Even just within the past hour, MDD proved how they rock compared to other hosts with how they handled a ticket. So fast my neck hurts.

I'm so glad I eventually found my way through the "Top 10" site morass and to WHT, which after some time lead me here. But too many people will still fall for those sites.

Even just within the past hour, MDD proved how they rock compared to other hosts with how they handled a ticket. So fast my neck hurts.

Haha, which ticket? It may have gotten handled and closed while I was still sleeping :)

• 3 months later...