MDDHosting Forums

Otaku Play Ground Posted Here For Reviews

This is my site that started back in July 2007. It was a spin off of another site that I have since closed down.

the main goal of the site is to make a place where people can play games and chat with people and even make friends.

We have over 6000 arcade games, 3 different rpg systems, vrpg, battle, and army system.

http://otakuplayground.com/forums/index.php - this is the forum which must of the activity is and I do use ipb for that. Also that skin is one i made.

http://otakuplayground.com - is the portal or main page - this I have not done much with as i am waiting for ocportal 4 to be out and not in the rc stage. Right now its the default install of ocportal. I forgot to mention MDD is making me a custom logo and I can not wait to see that.

Nice site.

I like your drop down menus.

Amy and I were just discussing the drop downs the other day :)

If you don't mind me asking what hosting are using, as it seems you have a larg number of posts.?

I believe it's currently with HostSimplex - she's pretty stuck on DirectAdmin although it's not my cup of tea, way too simplistic.

IPB is starting to grow on me

It's nice software, I think personally that 2.3.5 (the version this forum is running) is a tad behind vBulletin but IPB3 is supposed to be out sometime between October and December and it will blow vB away.

for some reason don't like the red / pink :) strip at the the tops of IPB boards. :)

It's totally customizable, you can make them orange and sparkly if you are skilled with graphic design/css/html :)

Amy and I were just discussing the drop downs the other day :)

I've been checking and SMF has this too and it seems likea great idea.

I don't know about everyone else but I don't like the list of links that go along the entire width of the page.

I believe it's currently with HostSimplex - she's pretty stuck on DirectAdmin although it's not my cup of tea, way too simplistic.

Hmm I've never see DirectAdmin. I've only played around with C panel.

It's nice software, I think personally that 2.3.5 (the version this forum is running) is a tad behind vBulletin but IPB3 is supposed to be out sometime between October and December and it will blow vB away.

Hmmm interesting I've not been keeping tabs on IPB.

The only issue I have with V bulletin or IPB is their kinda of on the expensive side its not that they aren't doable expect for all at once is hard for my personally.

Darn it now I'm thinking about VB and IPB.... I need to half a donation drive.lol

I'm excited to see what IPB and V Bulletin have up their sleeves. it seems like VB is going for social networking a lot now.

It's totally customizable, you can make them orange and sparkly if you are skilled with graphic design/css/html :)

Sadly I'm not....

I wish I was it would sure help.lol

I've been checking and SMF has this too and it seems likea great idea.

I don't know about everyone else but I don't like the list of links that go along the entire width of the page.

It's customizable, I'm pretty sure you could do the drop-downs with just about any forum software.

Hmm I've never see DirectAdmin. I've only played around with C panal.

It's ok but not my cup of tea. I prefer the way they handle "addon domains" but then again I just don't like how cPanel does it overall. cPanel has been doing it the way it does it now for so long it would be a HUGE MAJOR change to change the way it is done in the future and would break many servers so I doubt it's likely to change anytime soon.

If you go to http://www.directadmin.com/ you can see demos of the client and administrator sides of DirectAdmin. It's far too simplistic in my eyes, although I think it could be great if it were developed further.

Hmmm interesting I've not been keeping tabs on IPB.
You should look into IPB3, it's going to be absolutely amazing.

The only issue I have with V bulletin or IPB is their kinda of on the expensive side its not that they aren't doable expect for all at once is hard for my personally.

Yeah, they are expensive - for a commercial venture (such as MDDHosting) I would say that going with vBulletin or IPB is the best option but for a personal forum or a hobby forum I think that SMF would probably be a wise decision.

I'm excited to see what IPB and V Bulletin have up their sleeves. it seems like VB is going for social networking a lot now.

I'm glad there is such fierce competition between the top producers of forum software as it forces them to listen to their clients and develop their forum software beyond what would happen otherwise.

Sadly I'm not....

I wish I was it would sure help.lol

Maybe, it depends on what you need done and what kind of "connections" you have. I generally do everything I can to help out everybody so when I need something done that I don't know how to do or I cannot do I usually have somebody to turn to.

yep I do like directadmin as it manages domains much better.

Realistically that is all I like about DirectAdmin :)

You know Amy... I could set you up on a reseller plan with the same space/transfer as the shared plan but you would not be able to give hosting to anybody but yourself. That way you would have a cPanel for each of your domains :)

How much would that cost and ya I would not host any one else?

It would not cost me anything more than the few minutes it took me to manually set up the account. I have been thinking to make the change to selling shared hosting with very limited whm as "true multiple domain hosting".

Still on the fence though.

I am a huge fan of ocportal and I try to help them out as much as I can. I am even on the beta testing team.

I have tried Joomla and it was a disappointment I hear so much good about it and when I try it, I am like this has very few features but a lot of options in the admin section.

Out of the box joomla is fairly simplistic which is nice when you're first using it but its strength is its large community that provides plenty of extensions. And I prefer being able to install only what I need, BUT I will definitely going to give OC a try when I have some more time.

Out of the box joomla is fairly simplistic which is nice when you're first using it but its strength is its large community that provides plenty of extensions. And I prefer being able to install only what I need, BUT I will definitely going to give OC a try when I have some more time.

You need more time :) I'm sort of in the same boat, I have a few projects I've been dieing to work on but absolutely no time to devote to them.