MDDHosting Forums

LiveChat Options

We started out with TrioLive which was nice but we found that it was over-kill for what we needed so after a while we switched to LiveZilla because it was free and we liked the chat-side for the client.

We just recently switched to ProvideSupport which is a hosted live chat system but we've found that it's very nice. If you do want to offer live chat we do recommend them :) The offer a 10 day free trial and then it's $15/month for one operator or $99/year.

Here is a link to ProvideSupport:

ProvideSupport

Trying to install LiveZilla so far has been like trying to pull my own teeth, now it is choking on the MySQL server. For some reason it can't find the MySQL server on the site.

Did you use a local MySQL install or the one on the server?

You have to install a database for it via cPanel and then fill in the appropriate details during the install :)

Personally we moved away from LiveZilla as we felt ProvideSupport was the superior product.

So far this has been all expense and no gain so I am doing what I can to keep the overhead down.

I did setup a database with password and all and it just keeps saying failed verification on the MySQL I am getting the same problem with a local MySQL install to so I don't know what the issue is.

So far this has been all expense and no gain so I am doing what I can to keep the overhead down.

I did setup a database with password and all and it just keeps saying failed verification on the MySQL I am getting the same problem with a local MySQL install to so I don't know what the issue is.

I didn't have any problems so I don't know - if you PM me the details you're using for the database I can take a look.

Just to update this forum posting.

I did get LiveZilla working fine.

It seemed to be some issue with using the automatic FTP utility. I extracted the files then uploaded them myself and poof the error was gone. I am loving it to, this is way better than what I was using. It reminds me so much of a program that I was using back in Y2k. It has the same interface somewhat as what I used back then. The setup is a little more advanced than what I recall.