MDDHosting Forums

Running a Bug Tracker, Project Manager site?

MjrNuT

Was wondering if any MDD clients are using such application (i.e,. Mantis, Redmine, or other).

I'm curious as my need is not exactly for software tracking, but more for like project management. I'm interested in creating tasks, assigning, progress, issues, etc. Almost as fully granular like bug tracking.

Thanks for any input or recommendations!

• 1 year later...

Lol, was just cruisin' through the forums and saw this topic and though I may as well toss in my two cents. Trac is a really great project management tool (almost seems like the de facto because so many projects use it) but honestly, when I look at the install instructions, it kind of makes me want to cry. That being said, I've had my eye on The Bug Genie. It's a really slick web app that easy to install and is quite customizable. Been running it on the CS club server here at school (all thanks to a very nice system admin :)) and I like the looks of it so far and I haven't run into any problems yet. The only caveat is that the latest version (3, I believe) requires PHP 5.3 which MDDHosting does not yet offer (although strong hints have been made about being able to switch between 5.2 and 5.3 in the near future...).

That being said, they use their own software for bug/project management, so you can check it out on their site (http://thebuggenie.com/thebuggenie/). Hope this helps!