MDDHosting Forums

.htaccess question and path info

kuemerle5

OK, so I'm seriously considering switching to MDDHosting (maybe even tonight if this post gets answered) but I just have two more questions.

1. Can I expect changing the PHP configuration from a .htaccess file policy last for a long time (3/4 years+ preferably)?
  2. On my current host, the path for all my stuff is /home/[first 8 letters of primary domain]/public_html (for storing all the website info). Will this be the case with MDDHosting?

OK, so I'm seriously considering switching to MDDHosting (maybe even tonight if this post gets answered) but I just have two more questions.
No problem.

Can I expect changing the PHP configuration from a .htaccess file policy last for a long time (3/4 years+ preferably)?
You can change the PHP Configuration from .htaccess and we have no plans on changing that :)

On my current host, the path for all my stuff is /home/[first 8 letters of primary domain]/public_html (for storing all the website info). Will this be the case with MDDHosting?
Yes :)

1. On my current host, the path for all my stuff is /home/[first 8 letters of primary domain]/public_html (for storing all the website info). Will this be the case with MDDHosting?

I'm not on MDDHosting staff, but I can answer the second question: yes, like any CPanel host your primary domain name's first eight characters is your username and the directory structure is the same as with your old host.

EDIT: Mike beat me to it :)

WOOOOO!!!! Finally transferred!!!! Super excited!!! Everything went smoothly, no kinks with Pay Pal. Thanks MDDHosting!!!!

Yep :)

We got your account transfer request and I've opened a spot for you in the queue, we're just waiting to hear back from you on a minor detail of your transfer request and we'll get started.