• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kuemerle5

kuemerle5

• Clients
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

OK, so I'm seriously considering switching to MDDHosting (maybe even tonight if this post gets answered) but I just have two more questions.
  • Can I expect changing the PHP configuration from a .htaccess file policy last for a long time (3/4 years+ preferably)?
  • On my current host, the path for all my stuff is /home/[first 8 letters of primary domain]/public_html (for storing all the website info). Will this be the case with MDDHosting?

#2 MikeDVB

MikeDVB

Forum Administrator

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

OK, so I'm seriously considering switching to MDDHosting (maybe even tonight if this post gets answered) but I just have two more questions.

No problem.

Can I expect changing the PHP configuration from a .htaccess file policy last for a long time (3/4 years+ preferably)?

You can change the PHP Configuration from .htaccess and we have no plans on changing that :)

On my current host, the path for all my stuff is /home/[first 8 letters of primary domain]/public_html (for storing all the website info). Will this be the case with MDDHosting?

Yes :)
Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC - Providing Hosting since 2007
Scalable shared hosting plans in the cloud! Check them out!
Highly Available Cloud Shared, Reseller, and VPS
http://www.mddhosting.com/

#3 iansltx

iansltx

• Clients
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

• On my current host, the path for all my stuff is /home/[first 8 letters of primary domain]/public_html (for storing all the website info). Will this be the case with MDDHosting?

I'm not on MDDHosting staff, but I can answer the second question: yes, like any CPanel host your primary domain name's first eight characters is your username and the directory structure is the same as with your old host.

EDIT: Mike beat me to it :)

#4 MikeDVB

MikeDVB

Forum Administrator

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

EDIT: Mike beat me to it :)

It happens :) I was actually on the phone or I would have responded faster.

#5 kuemerle5

kuemerle5

• Clients
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

Haha, whatever. Thanks guys. I'm just going to confirm with my friend over the switch in an hour or so and hopefully I will be over by midnight CST. Thanks!

#6 kuemerle5

kuemerle5

• Clients
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:36 PM

WOOOOO!!!! Finally transferred!!!! Super excited!!! Everything went smoothly, no kinks with Pay Pal. Thanks MDDHosting!!!!

#7 MikeDVB

MikeDVB

Forum Administrator

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

WOOOOO!!!! Finally transferred!!!! Super excited!!! Everything went smoothly, no kinks with Pay Pal. Thanks MDDHosting!!!!

Yep :)

We got your account transfer request and I've opened a spot for you in the queue, we're just waiting to hear back from you on a minor detail of your transfer request and we'll get started.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users