419 replies to this topic

#141 ericr

ericr

Staff

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:19 AM

You will need to open a ticket for changing domains not in your account already. 
If you have questions about specific accounts that needs to be handled in our support system.

#142 albatross

albatross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:21 AM

My account (on S1) seems to be back to normal. Thank you.

#143 cziv

cziv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:53 AM

Unfortunately Google webmaster tools started to send me warnings about "Increase in 404 pages" for all my sites and that is not good at all.

#144 glennmen

glennmen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:15 AM

Here are the latest ETA's. The transfers from the old backup server to the new one are taking a little longer than expected. All times are Eastern Daylight Time.

Hi,

First of all I want to say that I am not complaining, I am just confused currently.
According to the ETA's S4 will be recovered by Wednesday, but both of my services that are both on S4 have already been recovered on Saturday.

Does this mean that accounts aren't completely recovered yet? Any information about this would be very helpful to me. Thanks!

#145 btriad

btriad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:20 AM

Hi,

First of all I want to say that I am not complaining, I am just confused currently.
According to the ETA's S4 will be recovered by Wednesday, but both of my services that are both on S4 have already been recovered on Saturday.

Does this mean that accounts aren't completely recovered yet? Any information about this would be very helpful to me. Thanks!

Some accounts in r4 are also working from yesterday without issues. I don't know if it is coincidence but the names of the accounts start with the letter "a". I have asked how is that possible and if these accounts will be overwritten later, but haven't received any answer...

#146 NiKEUS

NiKEUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:17 AM

This has been a nightmare for me, I'm currently on holiday with a phone and my girlfriend's laptop, without access to my own email to having to configure my larger clients sites and email, fortunately the largest have emails on exchange hosted outside, so I moved to another host and reconfigured... minus websites. Some clients have been somewhat understanding, the others not so, the phone call I've just had indicated I've just lost a client, on the upside they can't email me to tell me to cancel the web design I guess, however all pretty much all are asking when is email going to be live.

However no email for us in the UK on Monday morning and now potentially not until Tuesday afternoon is causing me massive problems.
The only question I have is, was there no way to get that bit of configuration data out of backups for everyone, drop it in and then overwrite?

#147 bobptz

bobptz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:57 AM

I am sure I have somewhere an entire account backup from last month.  I could use it to restore it, right?

Anyway, I expect the websites to be up by tomorrow so I prefer to wait one more day.

#148 mdd_shared_user

mdd_shared_user

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:07 AM

​My website and email are back up (I know, lucky me).  But I have a small PHP file (index.php) that checks the user agent and launches either the full or mobile version of the site.  That isn't working - when I launch the website from my mobile phone I get the 'Sorry' page.  The site works if launched from a computer or when using the mobile subdomain directly.

​

​Do any of you web experts have any idea why it's not working?  I haven't created a ticket as I expect it will take quite a while for support to respond.

#149 cziv

cziv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:09 AM

Guys please do not turn this into a ticketing system. You are just slowing things down. If your server IS finished restoring, and then something doesn't work, open a TICKET.

#150 mdd_shared_user

mdd_shared_user

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:20 AM

Guys please do not turn this into a ticketing system. You are just slowing things down. If your server IS finished restoring, and then something doesn't work, open a TICKET.

I hear you.  Was hoping it's a problem I can fix myself.

#151 Mooball

Mooball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:53 AM

I have started the restoration of p1's accounts at this time.

Wasnt this happening 5 hours ago when mike said p1 is being restored from fast backup? Or am I getting the sequence wrong?

#152 ericr

ericr

Staff

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:28 AM

That was S1.

#153 Avatar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:32 AM

I submitted another ticket yesterday at 9:10PM; it has languished, largely ignored. Our twenty-seven (27) MAILMAN mailing lists are missing; they do not appear in our Cpanel. These mailing lists represent a significant portion of the email which enters our organization and the proper functioning of these MAILMAN lists is critical to our company. We open for business in 1 minute and -- approximately 60 hours after this issue took hold of us -- I have nothing to tell my boss except "they're very sorry and they're working on it."

P1 > AvatarRelo.com > MAILMAN Lists missing > HELP

#154 cziv

cziv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:41 AM

I submitted another ticket yesterday at 9:10PM; it has languished, largely ignored. Our twenty-seven (27) MAILMAN mailing lists are missing; they do not appear in our Cpanel. These mailing lists represent a significant portion of the email which enters our organization and the proper functioning of these MAILMAN lists is critical to our company. We open for business in 1 minute and -- approximately 60 hours after this issue took hold of us -- I have nothing to tell my boss except "they're very sorry and they're working on it."

P1 > AvatarRelo.com > MAILMAN Lists missing > HELP

There are some 9000 customers. If everybody starts to post here his (or her) problem .... it will be a total mess.

#155 SarisIsop

SarisIsop

Advancing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:49 AM

There are some 9000 customers. If everybody starts to post here his (or her) problem .... it will be a total mess.

Yes agreed. There are a lot of us out here monitoring this thread for updates and it's annoying finding it's something that should be done via a ticket.

#156 Avatar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:07 AM

Yes agreed. There are a lot of us out here monitoring this thread for updates and it's annoying finding it's something that should be done via a ticket.

It has been done by way of a ticket -- however -- the ticket has not been addressed. So be annoyed.

#157 SMoKeR

SMoKeR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:16 AM

My site is on the S5 server and it returns a 404. Why not change it to 503 instead?

Also, according to Mike's ETA it is scheduled to be restored by Tuesday, but according to Eric's ETA it's on Wednesday - so which one is it?

#158 fjpoblam

fjpoblam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the estimates. (I dont know your time zone: maybe the same as my MDT). I know youre swamped with tickets, so I wont open one. Im on s1 and I see ftp is already available and one of my add-ons (oddly enough) is online but my main domain and the other add-on are getting IP errors. An oddity, TBS. Ill wait it out
Good luck, folks.

Still s1. Now ALL 3 online. Note to all reading, it is very important to refresh yer browsers cache so it doesnt keep displaying the danged error page. I forgot for about a half hour this morning and was growling.

To MDD: much gratitude, and I hope youll get some sleep and then some breakfast green chile enchiladas with egg soon.

#159 cziv

cziv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:26 AM

It has been done by way of a ticket -- however -- the ticket has not been addressed. So be annoyed.

I can't describe to you how annoyed I AM, all my 8 sites are down for almost 3 days now. Google even started to through to me warnings about increased 404 errors.

#160 CyberZ

CyberZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:33 AM

Laimonas.. https://www.mddhosti...upportscope.php

Data Backup. You are responsible for maintaining current backups of your data. We maintain our own backups in the event of a disaster, however, we do not guarantee the availability or restoration of any lost data

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users