MDDHosting Forums

S1, S2, R1, R2, R3, P1 Server Updates - Sunday, September 2, 2018 @ 10 PM EDT

When.

We will be performing some server updates on the S1, S2, R1, R2, R3, and P1 servers on Sunday, September 2nd, 2018 at 10 PM EDT [GMT-4].

We chose Sunday at 10 PM EDT as this is the lowest traffic period for our network.

Impact.

These updates will result in the disruption of HTTP/HTTPS services for anywhere from 5 to 45 minutes. All other services will continue to function normally including email.

Technical Details.

What we'll be doing is moving from EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4 in preparation for the option to set PHP versions by-folder or by-domain. Additionally cPanel is ending support for EasyApache 3 in December of this year and we do want to get updated prior to that point.

If you have any questions about this maintenance do please let us know.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it's coming back online.

Accounts are defaulted to PHP 5.6? I set my sites back to 7.2 and they went down again. I guess that PHP version isn't spun up yet.

We moved from Easy Apache 3 to Easy Apache 4 and as a part of this process it switches back to Apache [instead of LiteSpeed] and native PHP [instead of PHP Selector] - so yes there was a short period where the version would have been wrong.

The P1 server and R3 server are completed. I'm checking the other servers to see if they're done.

Unfortunately the R1 server is taking significantly longer to upgrade than the rest. We're watching the process and will update this thread as soon as it is completed. This is one of the reasons we put this upgrade off - is not to interrupt services - but as cPanel is End Of Life'ing EasyApache3 in December of this year we were running out of time to perform the upgrade.

S2, R2, R3, and P1 are done.

The only servers still converting are S1 and R1.

Hey Mike,

Not to bogard your time as I'm sure you're busy with this....

But, I'm on S2 and all sites on my account are still down. I'm set to PHP 7.2 if that matters.

Do you want me to open a ticket or wait a bit longer?

Cheers.

Unlike all of our other servers the R1 Server upgrade has not gone smoothly. We are working with cPanel Emergency Support to get things finished up and back online as quickly as possible.

There is nothing wrong with the data - files or databases - only the web server configuration for Apache/LiteSpeed.

We'll update this thread as we know more.

Hey Mike,

Not to bogard your time as I'm sure you're busy with this....

But, I'm on S2 and all sites on my account are still down. I'm set to PHP 7.2 if that matters.

Do you want me to open a ticket or wait a bit longer?

Cheers.

There are no issues with S2, so yes, please open a ticket.