• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sharon

Sharon

• Clients
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

I run a not for profit organization, so I have never done ecommerce on the web. Therefore, I have never even considered an SSL. The little that I have read about it, I believe it can be useful in non-eCommerce applications. So, I am just asking the users of this forum to tell me what they use MDD's shared SSL for (what types of applications).

I would like to learn about this. Thanks for any info you can share.

#2 MikeDVB

MikeDVB

Forum Administrator

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:20 AM

I don't know of many that actually used the shared SSL other than to access their control panels which is how we have it set up by default. If you need details on how to use it yourself just open a ticket and support will be more than happy to explain it to you.

Come to think of it, just about every question you have asked is sparking a new knowledge base article which is great - we've not had any "really good" questions in a while!
Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC - Providing Hosting since 2007
Scalable shared hosting plans in the cloud! Check them out!
Highly Available Cloud Shared, Reseller, and VPS
http://www.mddhosting.com/

#3 jackshobs

jackshobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

With shared SSL you get the benefits of SSL with out the costs that are usually associated with setting up a SSL server. To access your website application the shared certificate, you will charge to apperceive your server's defended name and your cPanel user name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users