MDDHosting Forums

Hello, I'm new here with a few questions

Mikailah

I am new here, and have just a few questions. I am really liking what I have seen so far and wanting to make a switch. Also, I am no web master, and many things are difficult, though I do try to learn. I have been with my current host for a little over 3 years now. They have great and fast support too. So I cannot say much bad about them at all, except Ive had to move my site to different servers quit a few times. I didn't really like that, and it goes down many nights around 1:30amEST time, or slows way dow to where no one can get in for half hour or more. They say they found the site and suspended them, but it keeps happening.

My site is small and built with cakephp, very light weight. My current cpu usage is 0%, and band with, due to google this month went from 60 meg to around 400 meg- Im gonna have to take my site off google. Not sure what meg stands for, my guess is mg. So I think I would still be ok on your shared hosting. If I'm right.

How do you handle DDOS attacks?

What do you do for site's protection on shared hosting?

What happens when a shared hosting accounts ip is blackballed, or blacklisted, rather?

Can you help with ftp updates for my site-I'm terribly bad at using an ftp. I don't have many.. I wish I could use an ftp without blowing things up or breaking them.

Thank you.

Not sure what meg stands for, my guess is mg.

A "meg" is short for "megabyte" which is a unite of measure when it comes to data.

So I think I would still be ok on your shared hosting. If I'm right.

I would think so but you haven't provided a whole lot of information. At the end of the day we do have a 30 day money-back guarantee if things don't work out.

How do you handle DDOS attacks?

It varies from attack to attack - variables like the size and type of the attack are a huge factor. That said we do not advertise as being 'DDoS protected' so if you anticipate coming under attack you may want to seek out such a provider. CloudFlare is good as well if you think you're likely to be attacked.

What do you do for site's protection on shared hosting?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking so I'm not quite sure how to answer this. If you can be more specific, I'll be more specific.

What happens when a shared hosting accounts ip is blackballed, or blacklisted, rather?

Your email doesn't come from your IP so that wouldn't be an issue.

Can you help with ftp updates for my site-I'm terribly bad at using an ftp.

Unfortunately not - content management is your responsibility as we do not create or curate your content for you.

Thank you Mike, you have great. For the question above, i was trying to ask is about safety on shared hosting. ps. for ddos, I was just reading about how other hosting companies had issues with that not long ago. Curiosity. What information would you need from to move my site. I do have cpanel. And small site. I bought the script 2 years ago from moosocial.

i was trying to ask is about safety on shared hosting

Safety and Security are huge topics and if I were to elaborate any and all security we have I would write several pages of text. I need you to be more specific before I can answer the question.

ps. for ddos, I was just reading about how other hosting companies had issues with that not long ago. Curiosity.

DDoS is an ongoing issue for all providers - some handle it better than others. I can tell you that we do our absolute best to keep all clients online all the time but there are limits to what we can and cannot mitigate/filter and it varies greatly from attack to attack.

What information would you need from to move my site. I do have cpanel. And small site. I bought the script 2 years ago from moosocial.

You would need to sign up and then open a ticket requesting a transfer - generally we would just need a full cPanel backup from your old provider - you can either upload it to your new account with us or you can request we generate and obtain one for you via the ticket.