3 replies to this topic

#1 diegoj

diegoj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

Hi all,

I've purchased a shared hosting yesterday but I cannot find the daily system backups.  Where are they stored?  How do I enable them (if they are not by default) ?

Thanks!

#2 diegoj

diegoj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

I will answer myself.  The backups are available from the R1Soft console (you can access from cPanel).  For some reason it took a while for backups to be listed there, but they are displayed now.  :)

MDD support said that "The backup process can take some time, however they are generally available after 12:00PM EST."

#3 brent

brent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

I will answer myself.  The backups are available from the R1Soft console (you can access from cPanel).  For some reason it took a while for backups to be listed there, but they are displayed now.  :)

Must be because you just signed up for an account, and you checked for backups even before a backup was generated for your site?  ^_^

#4 MikeDVB

MikeDVB

Forum Administrator

• Staff Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:30 AM

Backups generate daily and can take several hours to complete [as we're backing up the whole server, not just your account(s)].  It could take 24 to 48 hours to show backups depending on when you signed up and what type of backup process is running [be it a block scan or an incremental backup].

Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC - Providing Hosting since 2007
Scalable shared hosting plans in the cloud! Check them out!
Highly Available Cloud Shared, Reseller, and VPS
http://www.mddhosting.com/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users