Stahlrosen's Content

There have been 2 items by Stahlrosen (Search limited from 02-December 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7362 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by Stahlrosen on 25 September 2018 - 08:43 PM in Web Hosting

We are back up and running fine on s3. Thank you team MDD for all your hard work.

#7304 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by Stahlrosen on 25 September 2018 - 11:47 AM in Web Hosting

Hi Mike, not to divert the topic but I'm both curious and concerned about the person responsible for this error? Honestly, the first thing that came into my mind when things got a bit serious was how this admin would have affected him/her psychologically. I don't know.. I would have had some kind of nervous breakdown or something if it was me. Hows he/she holding up BTW? I hope he/she is ok.

Hoping so too!!

We actually do maintain a full backup locally as we change things on the sites, but our upload speeds are SO slow here, it would have taken longer to restore the sites than to wait it out. Ironically my 2015 501c3 site is on s1 and is up and running, and my 2009 business site is on s3. Not complaining, just found it a bit funny. Fortunately my clients have been very understanding.
I think MDD is doing a great recovery job and we definitely won't be moving.

If anyone knows, I am curious though how to handle the IP change, since we are on a dedicated IP, I'm not even sure what this would affect. It has been so long since it has changed!