I have some general questions that anyone may answer, as I do not want to take up any of MDD's time.
I am not well versed in any of this hosting stuff. I am a mechanical engineer whose company website and e-mail server are hosted by MDD. I am one of the two employees, total, and will be the one to handle any of the work for this.
1. How do I find out what server I am on?
2. Is it safe to assume that being a newer client (January 2018), my server will be one of the last restored?
3. Will I have to do anything once things are back up and running?
Thanks in advance.
1. You should be able to find it on the MDDHosting website, under your services. Go here https://www.mddhosti...action=services, and for each service listed, click on it, then scroll down a bit and you will see something similar: https://www.dropbox....ervers.PNG?dl=0
You can see that my service is hosted on R4.
2. Probably likely
3. If you are using 3rd party DNS, you have a chance of needing to update your IP address configuration. If you don't use 3rd party DNS, you will want to still monitor anyway and possibly open a ticket after restoration if you get an error about the IP address having changed.
Edit: After re-reading I see you may not be familiar about your DNS situation. You can visit https://intodns.com and plug in your domain name(s) (one at a time, though), and run the report. the very first section of the resulting report will tell you the Nameservers being used. If you see supportedns like in my screenshot, you are using MDDHosting's DNS and are less likely to have an IP Address issues after the restoration reaches your server.