btriad's Content

There have been 4 items by btriad (Search limited from 02-December 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7102 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by btriad on 24 September 2018 - 03:20 AM in Web Hosting

Hi,

First of all I want to say that I am not complaining, I am just confused currently.
According to the ETA's S4 will be recovered by Wednesday, but both of my services that are both on S4 have already been recovered on Saturday.

Does this mean that accounts aren't completely recovered yet? Any information about this would be very helpful to me. Thanks!

Some accounts in r4 are also working from yesterday without issues. I don't know if it is coincidence but the names of the accounts start with the letter "a". I have asked how is that possible and if these accounts will be overwritten later, but haven't received any answer...

#7096 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by btriad on 24 September 2018 - 01:46 AM in Web Hosting

How it is possible to access the DNS settings for some domains? We have access to the cpanel of an account but we are not allowed to add any other domains on it...

#7095 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by btriad on 24 September 2018 - 01:19 AM in Web Hosting

Merging can be done.  However it would need to be explicitly requested. The reason is we actually have to change you to maildir, copy the emails out. restore the copy the emails in.

We are confused. I understand that you are trying for the best in a very difficult situation but in Europe is Monday morning and will be a ****** for us to deal with our clients.

1. How it is possible that at least 2 domains under different accounts at r4 DO have email service up and running? Reading the forum posts I assume that shouldn't be happening. Maybe email service will come up faster or these accounts have been created in a first attempt of recovery and will be overwritten when time come?

2. It's good that merging is possible. 
    So in case we select that road we should open a ticket asking you to open x accounts, one for each of our clients. And in the same ticket we should mention the request for merging emails? 

#7090 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by btriad on 24 September 2018 - 12:35 AM in Web Hosting

Email and web-services will return at the same time as they live in the same account. If you desire you can request a blank account be made that you can create the email addresses in and then we can restore over it with the backup.

jsolo, We do apologize.  we are trying to get through the 150 tickets we have as quickly as possible.

Hi.

But there are at least 2 domains under different accounts at my service (reseller at r4) that email is working more than 12 hours. While at other accounts and domains the email service is not working...

Also if we ask for a blank account and create a domain what will happen when recovery time comes? Web site is not critical in our cases but email is. So will the new emails merge with old or what?