giantjack's Content

There have been 4 items by giantjack (Search limited from 17-April 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7134 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by giantjack on 24 September 2018 - 09:32 AM in Web Hosting

This is getting really painful now.

A lot of angry customer's. I've put in so much time to this business, this time to restore is dreadfully slow

#7022 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by giantjack on 23 September 2018 - 03:48 PM in Web Hosting

Mike can you please confirm why some websites are redirecting to others on your network. E.g:

https://whmcsportal.com/

Once the SSL is accepted it'll redirect to another site unrelated to me

#7013 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by giantjack on 23 September 2018 - 02:05 PM in Web Hosting

We are working on getting the first server backups ready to restore directly to the server and are preparing to start copying the second server.  The second server is going to be P1, the third server is going to be R1.

So you're still on the 1st server? If it's going to take this long per server it's going to be days until all accounts are restored?

Also you say R1 will be 3rd but I have 2 domains on that account that have been restored. Would this suggest they were luckily restored manually?

#7012 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by giantjack on 23 September 2018 - 02:02 PM in Web Hosting

I have been trying to think of some way that we could automate this.  For each account create we have to kill the DNS Zone of the primary domain on the account and then we have to create the account.  Then we have to notify the client that we've done this as well as the new account details.  Beyond that we'll have to overwrite the accounts with our backups without overwriting anybody that's already been restored.  Additionally we'll have to be sure not to overwrite any accounts where the account was set up blank but the client decided to restore data and recover on their own.

If I can come up with a good way to do it that won't divert resources away from the restoration process we'll do it.  I can't think of any way to make it happen that doesn't involve communicating with us in some way, shape, or form.

We're presently waiting for the facility to move the disks from the old backup server to the new one.

If you go this path please be cautious when it comes to your resellers. We won't want a error message that says "hosting failure" or any reference to MDDhosting.com. I like the new error message page you've put up. Much more user friendly