Janzzon's Content

There have been 4 items by Janzzon (Search limited from 17-April 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3062 [Completed] Fresco - Account Moves

Posted by Janzzon on 17 September 2011 - 01:37 PM in Server and Network Announcements

So that's why I was experiencing some sort of down time at my site. Thank you for the update.

#2772 [Completed] Fresco Server - Restoration Completed - File System Check Competed

Posted by Janzzon on 21 June 2011 - 06:31 PM in Server and Network Announcements

My site is working fine but I can't login to cPanel.

#2239 Site Backup Routine/Practice/Job

Posted by Janzzon on 07 April 2011 - 10:24 PM in Shared Hosting Support

http://www.justin-cook.com/wp/2006/12/27/automatic-cpanel-backup-domain-mysql-with-cron-php/

That's a pretty good way to go about doing it.

I did exactly what was in the blog. Thank you!!

#2225 Site Backup Routine/Practice/Job

Posted by Janzzon on 06 April 2011 - 11:41 AM in Shared Hosting Support

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to web hosting and as a new forum owner, I would like to know how you guys do your own site backup in general. I'm running a MyBB forum with the Shared Hosting plan and pretty much curious how I should be doing backups though I haven't really gotten much traffic and content.

I heard about the Cron Jobs and others say it's a good way of securing your site. I did check it in the cPanel under the Advanced tab but when I saw this line

Cron jobs allow you to automate certain commands or scripts on your site. You can set a command or script to run at a specific time every day, week, etc. For example, you could set a cron job to delete temporary files every week to free up disk space.

Warning: You need to have a good knowledge of Linux commands before you can use cron jobs effectively. Check your script with your hosting administrator before adding a cron job.

I don't know what to do.

Can someone help me one this? Basically, I want a daily backup routine or better yet an automated way of doing a daily site backup.