rowanhippy's Content

There have been 4 items by rowanhippy (Search limited from 06-December 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2455 [Completed] Gemini full restoration from backup system.

Posted by rowanhippy on 29 May 2011 - 05:49 PM in Server and Network Announcements

Thanks very much Mike and the team for keeping us fully updated with what was going on and rectifying the problem. Its very much appreciated.

#2267 Cron Job Backup

Posted by rowanhippy on 10 April 2011 - 04:07 AM in Shared Hosting Support

Also do make sure that the backup file generated is complete, check the email that is sent to you about the backup because we've recently put a system in place that prevents cPanel backups from capturing the home directory WHILE the R1Soft backup system is backing up the server. This is approximately 1 hour per night and varies from server to server (but is the same time every night on each server).

It will say in the email from the backup system if this was the case.

Thanks Mike.

I have checked this morning and the backup is of the right size and the email sent reported it had completed fully.

Thanks both for the input, its much appreciated.

#2247 Cron Job Backup

Posted by rowanhippy on 09 April 2011 - 04:00 AM in Shared Hosting Support

I'm sure Mike will chime in, but a lot of people tend to do things at the top of the hour. I try to schedule my cron jobs so that they run at 12 minutes after, or 48 minutes after, etc., just to try to miss that peak period.

Thanks for your reply fshagan, it makes sense doing it that way. I have adjusted mine to 17 minutes after the hour now.

#2241 Cron Job Backup

Posted by rowanhippy on 08 April 2011 - 04:27 AM in Shared Hosting Support

Hi

On our site i use Mysqldumper to automate the backup, it outputs a command to enter as a cron job in cPanel. I have it all set up but just wanted to make sure that the time that the backup is carried out is okay with yourselves or should i adjust the time. I have never been much good at timezones.

Thanks. :D

0 2 * * * perl /home/friendsc/public_html/mysqlbackup/msd_cron/crondump.pl -config=mysqldumper -html_output