interworld's Content

There have been 5 items by interworld (Search limited from 17-April 20)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7156 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by interworld on 24 September 2018 - 11:09 AM in Web Hosting

Interworld, how long of a lag was there for you?  It has been an hour and a half, and I still have no HTTP access.  I am wondering in case there might be some other issue, but I don't want to jump the gun and open a ticket if it is not necessary.

Again, I don't believe browser caching is an issue here (cleared cache, tried curl)

Not sure if the lag time wasn't caused by me using my bookmark... it didn't have the https:// in it. When I typed my url in by hand, my site came right up. Could have been a coincidence.

#7136 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by interworld on 24 September 2018 - 09:39 AM in Web Hosting

Post #87 on page 5 of this thread has a screen shot of the page in question. It was posted by Rhody401 I believe.

#7132 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by interworld on 24 September 2018 - 09:19 AM in Web Hosting

KJ... yes, I was getting the new 'Technical Difficulties' page on /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi that they had put up... but right before my site went live, it temporarily reverted to the 404. Make sure you clear everything on your browser.

#7125 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by interworld on 24 September 2018 - 09:05 AM in Web Hosting

KevinJones... for me there was a bit of a lag between cPanel and FTP working and the site itself coming up. Also the old 404 page is a good sign as it means your site is coming back up. Keep clearing things and if your site is bookmarked, make sure the http is typed in the browser. This was the scenario for me last night.

#6954 Major Outage - 09/21/18+ - Client Discussion

Posted by interworld on 22 September 2018 - 08:25 PM in Web Hosting

Mike... I haven't bothered to open a support ticket in the spirit of that it would only serve to help slow down the restoration process for everyone. That being said, would opening up a ticket help to get a client's site up any sooner (the squeaky wheel gets the grease theory)? My sites can wait.