MDDHosting Forums

Could MDD Hosting Be Acquired by EIG?

Turquoise

We've had more than our fair share of generous buyout offers and haven't accepted any. At the end of the day we would never sell to a company that we did not trust 100% to provide the service and support our customers are used to experiencing. That said - I only know of a small hand full of companies that I would trust and none of them could afford us :).

Hi Scott and Mike, With Hostgators customers starting to get lets says angry at the now level of support and server problems i think it is time to grab some more staff and watch the new customers roll in!

My previous host was one that had been acquired by EIG and after a lot of host searching you came up trumps. I gotta say it was the best hosting decision i ever made!

Can MDD Crush the Croc??? ( i reckon so)

Wow,sure, my experience with bluehost is that seems it runs good last year,but after it hold by EIG,the server uptime more and more like ipage...it is really headache.Terribly i think EIG hold hostings must be avoided first for my choice in the future.

Please don't get to big though, I wouldn't like to loose the personal touch that MDD gives to it's customers. :unsure:

It's not so much about size as much as priorities. I would consider us a medium-sized host - we passed small a little while ago :).

Quality over Quantity along with honesty and transparency are the more important aspects.

It's not so much about size as much as priorities. ... Quality over Quantity along with honesty and transparency are the more important aspects.

I'd add speed and stability as priorities too. I suppose that is part of how we define quality, but they are worthy of their own mention.

• 10 months later...
The only thing *so far* that’s been teeing me off about my, shall I say, “Hunnamed” EIG affiliate, is the amount of unsolicited ads they’ve been sending and showing of late. Like unending snail- and e-mail offers for Google AdWords discounts, and just yesterday, an offer for a glorious (snide) 1G of free cloud storage with justcloud. (FWIW a *reasonable* amount of cloud storage with justcloud costs at least ~$5 per month.) My contention is, I *pay* a host for *service*, not danged targeted advertising. For the latter, I have Google. I will explore your site and forum for answers to my presales questions. Unfortunately, my Hunnamed little pals have my tiny site, parks, and add-ons in for a little commitment. So it may be awhile…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank goodness!

I came to you guys partly because you're not in the EIG network :)

It seems all the webhosting review websites only show EIG network companies!

EIG has really taken over a LOT of the hosting industry. It gets harder and harder to find companies they don't own. Even prior pillars of the industry like HostGator are EIG owned now. As for the review sites promoting EIG brands... It's no wonder when you consider the massive affiliate payouts they offer. Too many of the review sites aren't even good reviews, just a listing of the highest paying affiliate programs.

</soapbox>