MDDHosting Forums

site optimisation help available ?

pabs11

hi again

1. I'm at another host and am looking at moving. I also need to optimise my sites ( which are all joomla btw ) and was wondering if you guys would normally be available to assist with that ( more than just telling me to install a robots.txt file that is ) ? Things like help with js and css compression and minifying....for example.

My sites are quite large but ostly user dormant, though I'm looking at getting them going now. I've also set up a CDN for cloud file storage, which should be good ( hopefully ).

2. Is there also a cpanel facility for monitoring things like http requests and site performance aspects ? that would be handy. ( I'm just getting familiar with online web page speed testers and firebug's YSLOW etc ). Not essential but would be handy if there was something in the account cpanel.

3. is there much spam in the email accounts of sites here ? is it a case of constantly manually cleaning out spam ? ( despite filters )

thanks again guys

paul

1. I'm at another host and am looking at moving. I also need to optimise my sites ( which are all joomla btw ) and was wondering if you guys would normally be available to assist with that ( more than just telling me to install a robots.txt file that is ) ? Things like help with js and css compression and minifying....for example.
We generally don't provide web mastering. We are the host master (web host) and not the web master. If you need assistance with optimizing your sites, I would suggest hiring an experienced webmaster that you feel you can trust. This would be sound advice no matter who your provider is.

2. Is there also a cpanel facility for monitoring things like http requests and site performance aspects ? that would be handy. ( I'm just getting familiar with online web page speed testers and firebug's YSLOW etc ). Not essential but would be handy if there was something in the account cpanel.
It's difficult, if not impossible to monitor performance from cPanel as that requires information from the end user's browser or the server/computer making the connection to the site and making requests. For example, I can process a request server-side that may take 0.02 seconds where as in a browser it takes 0.2 seconds. 10x longer, but still quite fast.

3. is there much spam in the email accounts of sites here ? is it a case of constantly manually cleaning out spam ? ( despite filters )
We offer SpamAssassin which you can have label spam (for you to filter) or auto-delete it and you can choose the threshold at which it does this. The default of 5 catches most things with few false positives.