MDDHosting Forums

A couple VPS questions

Just wondering if there are any members here who have started without Litespeed and then switched. How noticeable was the difference? 120 bucks a year is a lot for a minor improvement but if it's a big difference I may consider it.

Also, if I were to shut down two of the three stats programs, would that help with performance? I turned off the email programs besides squirelmail, simply because I don't use the others. Though I'm not sure if that helps anything.

Just wondering if there are any members here who have started without Litespeed and then switched. How noticeable was the difference? 120 bucks a year is a lot for a minor improvement but if it's a big difference I may consider it.

Also, if I were to shut down two of the three stats programs, would that help with performance? I turned off the email programs besides squirelmail, simply because I don't use the others. Though I'm not sure if that helps anything.

I'm on a non-litespeed VPS, and haven't tested one with litespeed, so I can't comment there. I did just want to mention that turning off Spam Assassin also helps quite a bit if you aren't using email; it runs by default and takes up a few MB of RAM at all times. I've read its due to the python script running.

If everything is performing for you reasonably then I wouldn't worry about it. We generally only push LiteSpeed on VPS when the customer is consistently running out of ram due to how busy their site is (as LiteSpeed tends to use about 1/2 as much ram to do the same thing).