MDDHosting Forums

Japanathon

Adam

Because of the horrid events that had occurred or are occurring in Japan, L+R+A+Start, a charity video gaming organization that I run, will be having a video game fundraiser event starting this friday at 8 PM EST on lrastart.org.

Some of you might be scratching your head at the idea of a charity video game fundraiser, so I will elaborate. We, being the teenagers we are, normally get together on the weekends and play through a couple of games and maybe pull an all-nighter doing so. This is basically the same thing, except that it is streamed live on a website, it is for charity, and it can last up to 5 days.

We were dumbstruck by the events that took place in Japan and immediately knew what we had to do: play video games :). We chose the charity AmeriCares because of their amazing track record and that they guarantee that ALL DONATIONS (100%) will go to where it is needed most in Japan.

One way that you could help out is by spreading the word. If any of you are willing to make a blog post about this, we would be forever in debt to you. Other methods of word spreading may include but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, Digg, Reddit, Blogs, Websites, word of mouth, and forums. If you can help out in any way, either by donating or spreading the word, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, you don't have to pay to watch.

Thank you, in advance, for your generosity.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of the horrid events that had occurred or are occurring in Japan, L+R+A+Start, a charity video gaming organization that I run, will be having a video game fundraiser event starting this friday at 8 PM EST on lrastart.org.

Some of you might be scratching your head at the idea of a charity video game fundraiser, so I will elaborate. We, being the teenagers we are, normally get together on the weekends and play through a couple of games and maybe pull an all-nighter doing so. This is basically the same thing, except that it is streamed live on a website, it is for charity, and it can last up to 5 days.

We were dumbstruck by the events that took place in Japan and immediately knew what we had to do: play video games :D. We chose the charity AmeriCares because of their amazing track record and that they guarantee that ALL DONATIONS (100%) will go to where it is needed most in Japan.

One way that you could help out is by spreading the word. If any of you are willing to make a blog post about this, we would be forever in debt to you. Other methods of word spreading may include but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, Digg, Reddit, Blogs, Websites, word of mouth, and forums. If you can help out in any way, either by donating or spreading the word, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, you don't have to pay to watch.

Thank you, in advance, for your generosity.

I would certainly spread the word. Thanks for the link. :)